Whats eating my plants blackberry, cherry tree, and pepper plants?

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
blackberry..

rasp.jpg

cherry tree

cherry-1.jpg

peppers

pepper.jpg

What the heck is eating them or affecting them?

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I say slugs, especially the pepper picture i've been having problems with mine as well and turns out its slugs doing the damage.

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Is it at all possible that I don't have a slug problem and instead I have a ...CAT PROBLEM? I noticed one of our barn kitties, Smokey, taking a detour through the pepper bed tonight and remembered ohh so fondly (not) that my housecat Accio enjoys eating every single plant, seedling, cut flower to death.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
Is it at all possible that I don't have a slug problem and instead I have a ...CAT PROBLEM? I noticed one of our barn kitties, Smokey, taking a detour through the pepper bed tonight and remembered ohh so fondly (not) that my housecat Accio enjoys eating every single plant, seedling, cut flower to death.
But then you would see teeth marks from the cat chewing the leaves. And in that pepper picture some of the leaves just have a little that was eaten it doesnt look like a cat would take a tiny bite of the leaves, more an insect.

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
lupinfarm said:
But then you would see teeth marks from the cat chewing the leaves. And in that pepper picture some of the leaves just have a little that was eaten it doesnt look like a cat would take a tiny bite of the leaves, more an insect.
Some of them do look like they have tooth marks in them, I know for sure Accio (my house cat) eats around the outside of the leaves and then devours the whole plant. I haven't noticed a single slug, and we haven't caught one either. I've covered the whole bed with net curtains on stakes, so we'll see how it goes.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have to vote on a smaller pest then a cat!

I have seen what my cat can do... and she'll rip leaves OFF while munching. Those bites don't look carnivarous they look like mini pests!

Latest posts