What's goin' on y'all!

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Just checkin in. I've been up to my ears in sufficient self trying to learn how to make a straw built coop for the girls. :p

I havn't been over here in a while and I just wanted to say HI! :D

:mow <--I'm so glad this guy never makes it to the flower!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
LOL... HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were missed.... :hugs

Am I the only one who's been on SS only like twice ever?! I just can't get addicted well enough... which is good... because I barely have any of my day left after BYC and here! :lol:

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Aww thanks!

My garden is a mess right now. It is done until the spring. I did plant my garlic in time and I have some kale in a planter AWAY from my new, wonderful ducks. They will get some when it gets nice and full.

My poor chickens live in a tent city on Sanford and Son's back lot...at least it looks that way. I am really interested in building them a nice eco friendly building so I can practice what I would like to build for myself one day. Anyhoo...

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I feel like a lollipop amongst scientists at SS, so I just stay here in the garden instead! LOL :lol:

I have to beg though, can we see pictures of your coop? Have you started yet? What keeps the bales from rotting? Do you do a 'mud' cover like stucco?

Welcome back! How are your gardens? Any Fall colors to show us?

Ron :bouquet

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
http://strawbalehomes.com/Strawbale FAQ.html

I have not even started yet. If you keep the straw bales dry during the process, cover them up with earthen-stucco etc. then you will have a nice durable structure that lasts for a very long time.

My plan is to build it using "load bearing" walls, by staggering the bales etc. Then I wont even have to use studs etc. It will stack up like lincoln logs. Easy peasy it seems.

'Course I will probably be cussin the whole time! :p Tee hee!

I feel like a lollipop over there too, but I am pretty much a lollipop everywhere I go!! :happy_flower

I missed the smilies over here! :rose Where is Hattie? :rose

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Just checkin in. I've been up to my ears in sufficient self trying to learn how to make a straw built coop for the girls. :p

I havn't been over here in a while and I just wanted to say HI! :D

:mow <--I'm so glad this guy never makes it to the flower!
Hey I saw you over there, yes they are like Ron said "Scientists at SS",
I don't post much.
But I did reply to Heidi's thread today! That made post #5 for me I think.

I made a joke one time and was pert'near run off with a recycled solar powered automatic selfcleaning anti fungi pitchfork! That also dries clothes by using the Sun!

Yeh right, dry clothes with just the SUN! I'm not fallin' for that one!

Joe SS= :hide

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My hubby's been looking into building straw-bale buildings forEVER. The structures are ironically fire-proof and have incredible R value.

I can't wait to see what you build for the chickens. Lucky little dogs.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
if you use straw it will grow here did I meantion that???

always happy to see you :love

I am eyeball deep in DIY remodel dust

this is the last big room the rest is trimwork that will go on forever!!!! job security I guess

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
I made a joke one time and was pert'near run off with a recycled solar powered automatic selfcleaning anti fungi pitchfork! That also dries clothes by using the Sun!

Joe SS= :hide
O.M.G!!!! There is NOT a laughing smiley to describe how HARD that made me laugh! :gig