Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today there are 3 chicks

DSC_0998 1.JPG

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Kass, isn't the naked neck gene dominant? I'm just wondering what a NNhen + my funky crested, blue laced roo might produce... :-D

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chicks are always so cute. These with their fluffy coat and hat are a real treat. The adults I'm not too sure of. While I like Rudy, I'm not sure I'll ever be a turken advocate. 'Sides, here in south-est, central-est Wisconsin I would have to keep them inside with me or be forever knitting neckings or sewing quilted cowls.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey Kass, isn't the naked neck gene dominant? I'm just wondering what a NNhen + my funky crested, blue laced roo might produce... :-D
Does your NN girl have a big bow tie or just a few feathers?

If she has a big bow tie she is Nana, 50% of chicks will also be Nana (naked neck w/ big bow tie)

If she has a small bow tie she is NaNa mated w/ a non naked neck 100% will be Nana.

And they will be adorable, nothing cuter then a naked neck w/a hat, unless it is one w/ a hat and a beard! lol

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welllllll...... I don't have a NN hen yet - but by the time my brooder is empty it will be time for the BIG Fall swap meet here. I was shopping for Polish and Cream Legbars this past spring so I passed a couple of folks selling NN chicks. I'm think that this fall might be all NN and Polish.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welllllll...... I don't have a NN hen yet - but by the time my brooder is empty it will be time for the BIG Fall swap meet here. I was shopping for Polish and Cream Legbars this past spring so I passed a couple of folks selling NN chicks. I'm think that this fall might be all NN and Polish.
:love