Whats wrong with my African Violet?

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The leaves on the edges have taken on this pinkish brown color but arent withering or falling off... I haven't changes a single thing in the way I care for this plant in over a year and its suddenly making a stink about something...
6215_0716121043.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Has the amount of light changed? Sometimes plants get bronzish or reddish color in their leaves if they are given more light. The plant looks very healthy to me.

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Has the amount of light changed? Sometimes plants get bronzish or reddish color in their leaves if they are given more light. The plant looks very healthy to me.
It seems very healthy other than the color of the leaves.... and the stems of the brown leaves are still nice and green. I moved it about ONE FOOT to the left a few weeks ago, do you think that'd do it?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought it looked like too much light. I did not know the leaves were healthy. Maybe there's nothing wrong at all which was my first impression.

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've had it in the window for several months as opposed to under my fluorescent desk light because it hasnt flowered in about 8 months and I didnt know what to do. But its in a north facing window so it never gets direct sunlight.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Leaves have a life cycle. Maybe it is time for these leaves to die back and be replaced by new growth. The leaves in the center look very healthy and bright green.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
All I can tell you is that my Nana used to have the most beautiful African Violets and she used to keep them all on the lamp tables in the living room. They would have the lamps on every night. My conclusion would be that they really enjoyed the artificial light and that yours must have as well. Now that you have moved it, it is less happy.

Latest posts