What's your favorite tomato variety

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Early blight is a problem for me here. This past season I tried the red plastic mulch touted in some articles I read here and there. I have to say I do think it made a difference - at least in that it kept the splashing to a minimum. The plants didn't blight out as badly, I really didn't notice a huge decline until late August, which is at least three weeks later than usual. I don't mind the blight all that much, because I literally get too many tomatoes, but it is unsightly. The heirlooms are more guilty than the others in getting it, I have to say. :(

I've always rotated the spot where I put my tomatoes, obviously the blight is widespread throughout my yard. :barnie

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I felt so bad about planting a tomato called "bloody butcher" so near to baby chickens!
Names evoke emotions and sensibilities . . . I'm not saying that quite right but you get what what I mean, right? My mother never wanted to even discuss columbines after the Spring of 1999. I'm not telling my Colorado friends that but it's certainly an understandable attitude for a tender-hearted lady.

My plan is to call these tomatoes - Jolly Ranchers! DW may never know otherwise. ;)

Steve

Latest posts