what's your gas prices down too?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just missed the chance to work at a Flying A but joined the staff at Phillips 66 after they dropped the earlier logo. They still had me working as a flying A.

It's embarrassing to admit what they had me doing when there was a near total change to self-service just a few months down the road. I'd already worked for 3 other outfits and thought I knew service station work. Windshield and oil, yep. I thought it was going beyond the call to do the back window but with a fill-up, I usually had the time.

Ah but Phillips! All windows, check tire pressure (while assessing tread ;)), get under that hood at all costs - pay no attention to the pump if it clicked off somewhere along in there. We even had a month's promotion where we would give away a case of pop if we forgot to ask if we could vacuum the floor boards ...

o_O They didn't hold onto me long and transitioned to self-service within about 1 month after I left. By that time, I was behind my sliding window looking out on independent pumps with a book on the desk :) ... and I've tried quite successfully since to stay out of their Circle K stores.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have a full service station in town as well. About 10 cents a gallon more expensive, but a lot of older drivers seem to prefer that to pumping gas themselves. We also have a few stations that feature full service on "Senior Wednesdays" or "Honk for service" sings geared for vehicles with handicapped plates or tags.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't notice the prices any higher when I drove to breakfast this morning, but one station had $1.54 in another community that I drove through this afternoon.

Latest posts