Whats Your Weather, and your plans for today?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today is 74 and sunny with light breezes. (Which is good, yesterday was high winds of 25 miles per hour!!!) :th

Though, I have no plans for the garden today. Today I need to touch up the porch posts with caulk and then I have to repaint the white trim on the entire porch when I'm done with the posts.

Absolutely no fun, but hubby is working on a contract all week and someone has to use these nice days to work on the house chores. This better earn me that garden table I've been waiting on since fall. ;)

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
74*F and sunny

Unfortunately I have a lot of computer work to do :( but also...

Plant 2 types of lettuce outside for tomorrow's rain
Keep cutting 2 liter bottles apart for the aqueduct
Rotate hatch-lings & setup for the next hatch in a few days
Establish a location for a dozen more sweet potato slips
Possibly rotate a wire shelf inside from outside to make better use of it in the "nursery" (chicks, styro-bators & plants)

oh... and water my lettuce, spinach & radish while I talk the carrot seeds into coming out to play in the sun. :)

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This past weekend was very nice weather sunny with high near 70. Its been raining here since Monday but today looks to be a better day though it is very windy out.

:tools Today.......

Plant some perennials that i ordered in the mail, Monday i planted a bareroot rose, today i'm going to prune it down 6"-9" as suggested by the planting book. Its already getting lots of buds everywhere :) .
Clean up so more in the garden.
Plant some pepper/eggplant seeds that i soaked overnight in warm water.
Turn the compost pile the last few times before i have it added to the soil in a few days.

There's lots more to be done for other days, just have to take it one day at a time.
I'm working on fixing up my deck that will probably be for tomorrow, although i did start working on it this past weekend.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had such a beautiful week here, last week-now we are back to normal. Snow in the forcast and night temps of 15! Glad I got a couple gardens cleaned out, anyway... Today, I plant tomato seeds and hope for warmer weather! Enjoy!

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Its cold here today and it poured here all day yesterday so not much going on here except I did put down grass seed the day before in part of the backyard in anticipation of the rain that was coming.
We already raked and pruned everything in the yard and dug all the holes for the trees I have coming so there isn't anything left to do out there anyway except to wait for the planting season to get underway.
So today I milked the goat, organized all my seeds and firmed up my garden plans, I ordered some berry shrubs, organized my schedule for the soccer team I coach, got their shirts and schedules together, I believe I am even going to paint the bathroom today.
The good thing about the bad weather days is that you catch up on all the stuff you need to do inside.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sorry about all the rain Simple, though it sounds like it was worth it for you already got in your grass seed in time for mother nature to do her thing and save you money and time on watering.

I got all the caulking done on the porch posts, but I got this terrible headache from my cough since I was sick last weekend, so I stopped short of painting.

I did get to sit on the porch with a bowl of cole slaw I made and watched my daughter play Toss Across (tic-tac-toe on a little spinning table). So was so happy I made her little custom bean bags for it with my sewing machine this morning. So nice to see her happy with something I made for her.

Anyways, I think we're going to go sit out by the pond and feed the ducks for a few. I think Christmas and Lily (our pekins) I would love some scraps left over from dinner. We have some cheese bread and mushy carrots they can have.

mandieg4

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I spent all day yesterday working on my front flower garden. Today I didn't want anything to do with dirt, so I mowed the lawn. Tomorrow, maybe I'll finish the rock pathway I've started in front of my fairy garden.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It got up to 12 C here (what's that, like upper 40s F?), beautifully sunny, ground still TOTALLY sodden and puddley and splorky. Don't even ASK what the horse pastures are like :p

But today I did my first Actual Gardening of the year, woo hoo! I spent about a half hour clearing off dead stuff from the perennial bed in front of the house.

The earliest yellow crocus has been blooming since Sunday -- 26 blossoms today, despite nasty cold freezy weather and even an inch or two of snow over the past few days.

So there is hope! :)

Pat

Latest posts