When is it too late to fertilize tomato plants?

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
blurose said:
I planted my tomato plants the first day of May and fertilized them with tomato fertilizer at that time. The plants are blossoming and there are a very few scattered fruits already. Can and should I fertilize them one more time? The soil they are in isn't very nutrient rich and is somewhat sandy feeling. I know it only takes about a day to dry out after I water, so I water a little every day.
Blurose,I would feed them every two weeks throughout the growing season. An excellent product is "Miracle Grow for Tomato's". It is the perfect mix of elements for good growth.

If you are trying to stay organic, then top dress with worm castings, and water in, or make a tea from worm castings to water with.

Try top dressing the soil around the plants with a mulch to help them from drying out so quick. They love water!

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
...I take any shoots that are anywhere near the soil off as well ..I find this all makes for a hardy main stem that does not tip as easily either
Im gonna do this, right away! Im always looking to the good parts of the plant - that I forget the foundation!

Mucho thanks!

Latest posts