When The Days Start Getting Longer

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I go some sleep . . .

Yes, I did take some Tylenol yesterday afternoon. Fought off the worst effects of a headache. Must have been weather-induced.

Oh, I am so drug down by the long hours of darkness. The only thing that saves me is a little motivation . . . With all these school kids around here a couple times each day, going & coming, I gotta plan any escape I make. Yeah, if'n it's not going to be in the dark, and won't be in the mad milieu of buses, parents' cars, and small Americans - I need to hit it right at mid-day. And, it can't be too close to actual mid-day because of those kindergarteners! Bless their hearts . . .

I carry one of those kitchen timers around with me. riiiinnnnnngg!

Steve :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Back when I was a youngun' I used to wish that the old people would just wait till mid-morning to do their errands. They would get on the road about 7:30am, and clog traffic up for miles. :barnie Anybody with important stuff to do (like me, of course) would get caught in the snag, and have a bad mood by the time I got where I was going. Now I am an "old people" and I sure don't like to be out in the morning rush. There's a bunch of maniacs out there now! I think a lot of it back then was old retirees going to the coffee shop every morning, to catch up on the gossip. My FIL used to get out every morning and "make the rounds" for 20 years or so, after he retired. Old habits are hard to break.:/

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, it was sleep I got = go :rolleyes:.

I don't want to go shopping on Saturdays for the very reason you mention, So Lucky. The parking lots!! What sense does it make for retired people to show up in a Saturday parking lot?!?

I can't "go" my neighborhood doughnut shop. First off, the owner is kind of a jerk. Second, I can't hear anything that's said in there, anyway. Third, the dang doughnuts are so greasy I'll have a stomach ache for the rest of the day if I eat more than one! Darn right I want more than one!

DW made some nice cirnnamonmonmon buns yesterday. And, I helped!

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yea ! I help my wife with the cinnamonmonmon buns too... I eat them all just as soon as they come out of the oven ! You know that one just can't leave them laying around to get stale, do you ? :drool

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Smiles said:
OK now I'm cornfuzed.
About cinnamonmonmon buns or what time the sun comes up?
My wife fries the eggs sunny side up in the morning, I then eat them , so it must be sun down. Oh, it's 5 AM. :caf

Latest posts