when????

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since you ask "really" . . . maybe never :/.

I put the bulkiest folder on a disc in December or January. . . now, where did I put that disc? Precious photo's were put on a disc about 18 months ago - got 2 copies, for some reason.

Many of my pictures are in online galleries. I hope they are safe there but wherever they are, they might be like the old photo albums in DW's top drawer. I'm always surprised at what is in there - they've been ignored for so long.

How about you Major, do you have a systematic, sensible way of backing up your pictures?

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Since you ask "really" . . . maybe never :/.

I put the bulkiest folder on a disc in December or January. . . now, where did I put that disc? Precious photo's were put on a disc about 18 months ago - got 2 copies, for some reason.

Many of my pictures are in online galleries. I hope they are safe there but wherever they are, they might be like the old photo albums in DW's top drawer. I'm always surprised at what is in there - they've been ignored for so long.

How about you Major, do you have a systematic, sensible way of backing up your pictures?

Steve
to be very honest... not often enough.

like yourself a majority of our digital media is posted elsewhere...
last fall we lost our hard drive and the last time was in the spring that a back up was done, so lost everything between that time that was not posted..

yesterday while it was raining was thinking when was the last time...um last fall.
so erased the chip and copied the whole photo gallery

the only advice i can give is if you have not done it lately, it's time to do it !!!

hard drives do not last forever

was just curious to see when was the last members backed up their photos

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think the silence tells us something, Major . . . . ♪ ♫

Here is something that I'm still stumbling along with:

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=35006

Sure, it has been 4 months but it isn't a very natural thing for me to take a letter with personal information and send it off to a "cloud." Anyway, I continued to explore Clipboard and Evernote in my halting way. One problem I've had on Evernote is that I've forgotten how to double the security by requiring a 2nd password within the note. Yeah, somehow it seemed easy the 1st time I did it. But, that just takes another 30 minutes of searching the site and I'm sure I can find it again.

I haven't forgotten my 2nd password, at least. Evernote made it very clear that they couldn't retrieve it if I did.

Both of these, Clipboard and Evernote, can serve as photo galleries, also.

Steve

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
About a year ago something went wrong with my backup external hard drive that I always used for my important stuff. I have not made a backup since. Since you brought this topic up I think I'll transfer some of my pix onto CDs. I have a stack of unused CDs somewhere.

Even though I have some stuff on "the cloud" I still do not feel 100% comfortable storing things on someone else's hard drive.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I seldom use CDs any more. A flash drive holds more and is easier to use. No more worries about your CDs getting scratched.

Latest posts