Where to Buy Beech Tree Seedlings?

Sylvie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm searching for American Beech tree seedlings.
I buy loads of assorted seedlings from New Hampshire's State Forest Nursery but Beech aren't offered. I like the ability to buy in lots of 10 or 25 at very affordable prices.
Can anyone recommend a nursery, state or otherwise?

I am in the process of replanting an area that was leveled by a suspected thunderstorm micro-burst a few years ago.

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was just wondering if you had any friends that had larger pieces of land where Beech trees grew and would let you dig up a few seedlings? Our farm here in Michigan has Beech trees growing all over the place.....all sizes.... I'm sure that somewhere in the Ohio countryside someone would let you dig up a few.... Just a thought...:)

Sylvie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions RustyDHart.
Everyone around here has predominately red maple, tulip, black locust and cherry woodlots, all second growth in this previously farmed/ clear logged area. At one time we had a number of bog iron furnaces that went out of business b/c they ran out of trees to fire them. I have seen photos from the 1940's and 50's where you could see for miles in any direction with out trees obstructing the view. Right now this area has more forest than it has seen since the late 1800's, even with the home building frenzy since the 70's.
The many metro parks have stands of Beech but it just isn't worth the fines if I were to get caught, ha ha.

Sylvie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks to the person who (EM) suggested Arborgen and Lawyer Nurseries for quantities of bareroot seedlings! That is what I was looking for!!!
:weee

Latest posts