Where to buy tulip bulbs?

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I want to get some tulip bulbs this Fall. I've never done tulips before, but the school I used to work at had the students plant some each Fall - and I figure if they can do it, I can, too!
A good friend of mine is afraid to garden (not sure why, but she won't plant anything herself!). She has told me that she would maybe like to try planting some tulips because she likes them so much, so we are going to hold hands and do it together! :hugs I hope that getting her hands dirty and seeing the plants come up in the Spring will motivate her to do more on her own. I just recently introduced her to Xeriscaping, and she seemed to be into that.

So anyways, I am looking to my TEG friends so recommend some favorite varieties and maybe a good resources for ordering them online.

I'm looking for diverse colors and textures and would like to have some that look good in a vase, too.

I'm all ears! Suggest away! :pop

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I did mine last fall, and had a beautiful array of tulips this past spring.

I got mine at BJ's warehouse.... however, I know Parkseed has their fall bulb catalog coming out this July and will have LOTS of tulips in that. :)

I need to get my saffron crocus bulbs from that catalog... they are the ONLY supplier I can find in the US.

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Great info, thanks! We don't have BJ's here, but now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure Costco sells tulips in the Fall... I think! Thanks for jogging my memory. I'm off to investigate Parkseed as well!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There are a lot of great companies you could order spring bulbs from try Breck's and American Meadows i've had the most amazing beautiful and vigorous flowers from there.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just absolutely love tulips. I can't grow them were I live but I once saw a house that had the whole yard planted with them. It was positively magical.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Maybe find out where the Biltmore estate got all their tulips!!!

Latest posts