While the garden looks good. (Lots of photos.) Update, more pics!!!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary and @thistlebloom the white stuff on the arch is our laziness. DH stuffed some netting we had used last summer to keep bugs of the squash. Never took it and put it away. :( This year we have tomatoes and peppers in those beds and scarlet runner and ft. long beans growing on the arch.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys have good teamwork. Many hands make light work! :)
yes @journey11 I am grateful that youngest son enjoys mowing and trimming! I could not manage the tiller. So I hand weed and DH tills. Works for us. Otherwise we could not keep ahead of the weeds. Sometimes when we get busy it gets to looking RELLY sad.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner the hoe holder just sort of happened. DH always seems to leave them lying along side the gardens, he drove over and broke the handle to the new hoe! So he placed the 2 old ones up where he can not drive on them! The plant hangers had already been pressed into use to hold up fencing or mark end of the row.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a wonderful accomplishment! Everything looks fabulous. Nothing makes me feel better, than having the trimming done. I don't hate long grass, but I can't stand untrimmed edges! Won't be long before you are enjoying delicious veggies!

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ooh, aah! lovely! I like that garden phase. Then the 'hurry up and process it all before ruins' phase starts. That phase wears me out.

I am glad to see that you garden big too. Every year my husband tells me to make it smaller, but I can't. It just gets bigger and the aisles get narrower, and I cram more and more in it.
I like the raised beds. it would be a form of forced control.
I have ... gardening issues. OCGI obsessive compulsive gardening issues. ..and fatigue. I have a lot of that.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
ooh, aah! lovely! I like that garden phase. Then the 'hurry up and process it all before ruins' phase starts. That phase wears me out.

I am glad to see that you garden big too. Every year my husband tells me to make it smaller, but I can't. It just gets bigger and the aisles get narrower, and I cram more and more in it.
I like the raised beds. it would be a form of forced control.
I have ... gardening issues. OCGI obsessive compulsive gardening issues. ..and fatigue. I have a lot of that.
greengenes it is DH that gardens BIG. Adds more every year. And yes, I am exhausted when harvest is over. That is why we give LOTS away! LOL

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a wonderful accomplishment! Everything looks fabulous. Nothing makes me feel better, than having the trimming done. I don't hate long grass, but I can't stand untrimmed edges! Won't be long before you are enjoying delicious veggies!
lesa, yes, the shaggy look gets to me. Guess I should learn how to work the giant gas guzzling weed whacker!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
@greengenes , I've been picking berries, putting the "cold weather" stuff in the freezer or making sauerkraut before it ruins, dehydrating herbs, trying to finish planting the summer garden (just the butternut squash seeds and some zinnia and marigold transplants to go), keeping the weeds under control, canning chicken broth (we were running low and I need to get more chicken carcasses out of the freezer to make room) and mulching as fast as I can in my spare time. That doesn't count a few honey-do's for my wife or the mowing and weed whacking or other maintenance issues as they come up. I'll be glad when I only have the "Then the 'hurry up and process it all before ruins' phase" plus general maintenance and watering to do, though I'll admit, life is not boring right now.