White Blackberry

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of you know that Marshall and I went to the Luther Burbank Gardens hoping to find the white blackberry for sale. Well we saw it in the garden but there were no plants for sale.

I decided to send an email to the curator asking for one of the runners or at least a piece to propogate. I send this email Tuesday night and I have been checking constantly for a response. Tonight I come home and there is an email from them!

Guess what! :yaThey have one in a 1 gallon container in the nursery and asked if I wanted to buy it for $10. She was going to put my name on it in case I was interested. Well Duh...I told her I could be there TOMORROW. They will be potting some of the runners this summer and she said to let her know if I wanted more! Duh...can I have all of them. :D :ya

I am so excited, I hope I can sleep tonght. :weee

Mary

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've only been able to find 1 pic of the white berries. do you have a link that shows more info about these? i'm interested to learn if they would be good to grow over here on the north east coast in my zone 5.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:ya:ya:ya :ya:ya:yaI am so glad you can have one. They will look so cool in your immaculate garden.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate When you get your berry established let me know, and I will buy a couple cuttings, or runners.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So happy for you this is your year!!! just don't plant them in that lovely sewing box!!
Let me know when you have enough to sell i would love a couple!! Thanks

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score

Latest posts