White picket fences , like at Grandmas house !!

mmtillman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Anyone else have any picket fence pictures you wanna share?? Would love to see them?? :)

Got the chicken coop all done now,
and the brooder all done , set up , and ready to go.

.....now I need some way to pass the time till the chicks arrive in April.. :barnie I never knew time could go by sooo slow!!!

Been looking at allllll the many great pictures of coops on BYC and the great landscaping on EasyGarden Forum, Y'all gave me soooo many great ideas !!!!! So. NOW I have a new IDEA!!! :ya

To pass the time, :tools Gonna get some serious yard work done, then I am gonna build a couple of picket fences , with 'garden gates' around the yard . Atleast 2 of them....as an accent to our new coop and the many flower gardens in my yard!!

Gonna leave a couple of the fences as bare wood and just use sealer on them. Am gonna paint any others I make ,white!
Found 1x4x4 at Lowes today for .50 each!!! Got 30 of them !!! What a bargain!!! :woot May go back and get the rest of them tomorrow!

Gonna start building my fences tomorrow in the shop...since it is gonna SNOW here all day..... ...( This was written last week ) we will build a big fire in the stove, put on a pot of beans to cook and work inside our shop.

Dearest Hubby , bless his heart, ...he has already set 2 post for me, in concrete, for the first picket fence w/ gate, in the back part of the yard where the new coop and compost pile are located.

I always thought that was one of the ugliest parts of the yard.... :rose but it want be any longer !!!

Will set the white picket fence off the side of the new barn red coop and the white fence will match the white trim on my coop!!
NOW maybe I wont go crazy waiting till April 2 for my chicks to arrive!!!

Just wanna thank everyone on BYC and EasyGarden for all the inspiration and great pictures you share on the forum!! :frow

smom1976

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh how cute.. I so wanted a picket fence.. we set the posts ran the 2x4s and then that is it.. it is more of a miniture pasture fence.. but it still looks good...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No white picket fence here. My mother put one up at our first 'home' before they lost everything. Long story short it gives me reminders of a bad time in my childhood.... I know they are cute though, but not on my house!

I have a black metal picketed fence. It's just for the garden and driveway though. Needed something up so people would stop running over my septic tank!!!!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No cute picket fence here either - I had a 4' chain link put in 2 summers ago. It sure beats having to go out in the rain/cold/dark of night if one of the dogs has a nature call. . .:)