Who else on here also is on Backyardchickens.com?

earlybird10842

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I found this site through backyardchickens, and was wondering who else is on both of these forums. My username is the same for both forums.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:) I'm on BYC too, my username is Birman18. I really like the Quail and Pheasant/Partridge sections of the forum.
Theirs plenty of information and more on there.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I pop in there every once in a while. I think most of us probably started out there.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I go there once in a while but I haven't been there for several months. This is just me so everyone need not go bananas but they take chickens way too seriously for me.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I started there, too. It's too big and clumsy for me since they changed the format. Rarely go there now.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Way too seriously?

Yeah, I got pulled in to keeping chickens-as-pets. Giving them names and carrying them around the yard. I mean, I've had chickens many times and they always carried themselves around and went by names like "Big Chicken," "Greedy," and "#2." Now, I've got these old, nearly useless laying hens in a chicken retirement home.

Thank Heavens, I didn't fall for the "gotta have roo's because they are so colorful."

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm over there with the same username. I try to stay away from the cute pet posts and concentrate more on the things they actually need. I raise them mainly for meat and we raised them on a farm when I was growing up so my perspective is a bit different than most. Actually on the farm, they just took care of themselves, finding their own food except in the worst of winter and hatching and raising their own chicks. About the only time we did anything around chickens was gather the eggs or put one on the dinner table.

Concerning chickens, one of the nicer things a good friend has called me is "ruthless".

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband belongs to BYC and found easygarden for me. He has found it very helpful for chicken info. We have had chickens for 35 years and they have taught him a lot.

Latest posts