Why do my paragraphs get reorganized?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometimes I write a few sentences or a paragraph and it looks fine in preview, but when I submit it the paragraphs come out all jumbled.
There will be a few words on one line, then the rest of that sentence on the next line. Why is that?

I go back to edit, but it looks all in order on the original page, so what am I doing that messes up the paragraph structure when it's submitted? It looks so weird. I mean really. I don't think I missed that day in second grade when we learned what a paragraph is. :/

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have trouble with my cursor disappearing, so that I don't know where I am going to be typing, but once I start typing it gets back to normal. I figured it was my browser or my computer doing it, but I don't know for sure. Something just running slow or bogged down, I figure. Don't know if that's related to what yours is doing though.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey, Ive had that same problem the last few days. Not Thistles problem though.

I now type everything in Word and do a copy and paste to the thread. Thats the least stress free way Ive found.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle', it may have to do with how the message box and the text as displayed in your monitor.

Have you ever played with that corner function in the message box? See there, in the bottom right corner of the box. ~ The 6 little dots. ~ Have the cursor hover over that, right click and push it around.

It starts off as a certain size, depending on the size of your monitor. The lines of text will automatically adjust to the size of the message box (& your monitor). If you have hit the enter key, the text will drop a line, HOWEVER, that may look just the same as a line break in a word processor program. The appearance will change once that text is no longer in a message box but it will still be constrained by your monitor.

After I click "submit," the displayed text will change again from "Post Preview." I sometimes have to edit just because my sentences no longer fit into a paragraph but it usually has to do with me having hit that "enter" key somewhere. (Of course, there is no chance of me simply making a mistake and edittting for that reason :rolleyes:.)

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
Journey, Ive had that same problem the last few days. Not Thistles problem though.

I now type everything in Word and do a copy and paste to the thread. Thats the least stress free way Ive found.
That's a good idea!

Steve, I had no idea what 6 dots you were talking about until I opened TEG in Firefox. Those dots don't show up in Internet Explorer. IE has given me fits and has not been displaying some things right for me for awhile now. I'd probably have no trouble if I switch to another browser.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Huh. Well I never would have even looked at those little dots if you hadn't pointed them out Steve. Nobody has ever accused me of being observant. :/

Even if I had seen them I would have thought they were decorative! Yeah, I'm a real whiz on a computer....

Well, that's probably the problem. I figured it had to be on my end. I make mistakes, erase and retype, forget what I was going to say and then remember and insert it...
Also, my monitor is smaller than a piece of notebook paper. Thanks for the assistance. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does that mean you are using Firefox, Thistle'? IE is almost an unknown for me these days.

I've discovered that part of my problem with IE is something I've carried over to Firefox: I use too many bookmarks, including a Bookmark Toolbar and the internet security's Add-on Toolbar. It clutters things and . . . makes it more difficult for the browser to work.

There is Chrome but I'd need to log in and off of TEG to use it. I'm a little reluctant to do that. So, I have an idea what Firefox does with things and that's about it.

By the Way: Copying things from Word probably works fine on TEG but it won't work on some forums. Other forums will turn even simple punctuation symbols like an apostrophe into some weird symbol like for a trademark or just a big question mark or some other such silliness.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm on google chrome and I don't see any dots.

Some friends just brought me some bagel roll bread made into garlic bread. I bet there's a name for it. It's gourmet good!

Thistle, I don't remember reading any of your posts with messed up paragraphs. Is it possible google chrome rearranges the paragraphs to correct it?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a good question, Marshall!

Got me!

Since Thistle' started this she should check all this in Chrome, Opera & Safari, too. Or, lets get Nifty to try it. Hey Nifty!!!

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes Steve, I'm using Firefox, and umm, I probably won't check in other browsers...I'm kinda lazy that way... :hide

Marshall, the thread on why we are here has a fractured last paragraph.
I didn't make all those indents.

But hey, if Marshall hasn't noticed it as a problem that's good enough for me! :thumbsup

Latest posts