Why I Love This Forum (One Reason of Many)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tried to join a Yahoo group for vintage sewing machines. I know there is lots of good information on there, but I will probably never find it because the forum is so difficult to navigate. There is no clear way to see the threads, ask a question or even join. I did manage to join, but still can't find a way to get into the meat of the forum, even as a member, let alone as a visitor. Jeeze Louise! Sure makes me appreciate the ease and friendliness of this forum and its sister forums.
If any of you are active members of Yahoo groups and can give me an idea of how to crack this nut, I'd appreciate it.:confused:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry , so lucky. I can't help you. This NEO programing that Yahoo put in place has pretty much ended my participation in my Yahoo garden groups. I can read the daily posts in my mail, but searching the site is no longer possible for me, answering is a pain, and past topics are not available.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I joined a local yahoo chicken group here in Alameda. I was hoping to meet like minded local people. Didn't happen. I do get emails occasionally so that's good. I've tried to navigate the site but with my poor computer skills it's not easy.

I've also attended 3 monthly meetings of a local gardening group hoping to meet other gardeners. This also hasn't happened. People are just not that friendly to outsiders. You walk into a large room, find a seat, and listen to the 1 1/2 hr. lecture. I've tried hanging around afterwards but no one approaches new people to at least greet them.

TEG is by far sooooooo much better!

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
AMEN!!!

Love you guys
00inlove1600x1200.jpg

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I tried to join a Yahoo group for vintage sewing machines. I know there is lots of good information on there, but I will probably never find it because the forum is so difficult to navigate. There is no clear way to see the threads, ask a question or even join. I did manage to join, but still can't find a way to get into the meat of the forum, even as a member, let alone as a visitor. Jeeze Louise! Sure makes me appreciate the ease and friendliness of this forum and its sister forums.
If any of you are active members of Yahoo groups and can give me an idea of how to crack this nut, I'd appreciate it.:confused:
I had the same experience with a Yahoo forum on tillers. Who in their right mind thought that platform was a good idea? I gave up too.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to belong to a couple of Yahoo forums and to a listserv. The listserv wasn't much fun.

One Yahoo forum was for business and may as well have been a listserv. The other was for what I thought would be fun - winemaking! I had this idea that I could use garden produce for wine. @Kassaundra seems to be "pulling it off;" I couldn't ... my best looking wine was carrot. My best tasting was elderberry. The carrot didn't taste so good.

Yahoo must have changed to a kind of listserv format ... with no way of looking at past postings ... Anyway, I couldn't do that the last couple of times I ventured into the wine forum.

TEG's format really offers a lot :)!

Steve

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I used to belong to a couple of Yahoo forums and to a listserv. The listserv wasn't much fun.

One Yahoo forum was for business and may as well have been a listserv. The other was for what I thought would be fun - winemaking! I had this idea that I could use garden produce for wine. @Kassaundra seems to be "pulling it off;" I couldn't ... my best looking wine was carrot. My best tasting was elderberry. The carrot didn't taste so good.

Yahoo must have changed to a kind of listserv format ... with no way of looking at past postings ... Anyway, I couldn't do that the last couple of times I ventured into the wine forum.

TEG's format really offers a lot :)!

Steve
Sugar seems to be the key, I use lots of sugar in the fruit wine. I also put some herbal teas in, that is how I dissolve the sugar in warm tea

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't want to make a grape wine. It didn't seem possible to get close to the quality that was available to purchase. I did make an okay rice and raisin but those are grapes and I can't grow rice. That wine had a very limited shelf life.

The rice and raisin wine did influence my beer making, (I made better beer than wine). I found a beer recipe that used raisins :).

Back to the forum topic: it might not be surprising to some how many people get drunk and post on winemaking...

Steve