Why like it here @ TEG :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
What I find most strange is how a lot of people really don't care what they eat and some know they are harming their selves. Another thing that unnerved me today, a few people and I got into a conversation about fragrances in the home, trying not to be too pushy I dropped how some of these aerosols can be cancergenic, yet still they continue to use them. But I'm not on this earth too be anyone's teacher but it's all kind of sad. Changing the subject, it would be wonderful if I could write correctly on this site. I just can't work it out yet. :)
You are doing fine. As I age I find more and more fragrances bother me. I can't stand almost all perfumes and scented candles, air fresheners etc...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm on snap and I still grow a garden. Its who I am and what I do.

The mean neighbor called to me at 6:30 this morning to say I had a "leak" cus water was squirting over his and my fence. Thats cus I set up a timer with an old fashioned sprinkler (back and forth type) and had it watering my garden while I was away for 5 days. It worked great! And the mole liked the damp earth too.....:he

6:30am phone call would not be appreciated at all. not that we'd notice as we have the ringer off most of the time and the answering machine would get it...

in general you probably do not want to water a fence anyways.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm on snap and I still grow a garden. Its who I am and what I do.

The mean neighbor called to me at 6:30 this morning to say I had a "leak" cus water was squirting over his and my fence. Thats cus I set up a timer with an old fashioned sprinkler (back and forth type) and had it watering my garden while I was away for 5 days. It worked great! And the mole liked the damp earth too.....:he
There was a time when I used impulse sprinklers to water my vegetable garden, and the pattern was not precise... it watered part of the neighboring garden as well. I actually thought I was doing them a favor, but the gardener spoke to me, telling me that he could not work in the wet ground. His point was valid, and I appreciated that he approached me politely. So to be a good neighbor, I switched to oscillating sprinklers, which had much better control - and also more even coverage. The only reason I used sprinklers at all was that I could turn the water on, go do other things, and turn the water off later.

Now, even with a much larger garden, I water everything by hand. Some vegetables have differing water requirements, so a "one size fits all" approach no longer works for me. With 3/4" hose & a high capacity head, the task is not as arduous as you might think, and I don't waste water where it is not needed.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have chemical issues and have no tolerance for scented products. I can use unscented liquid laundry soap, absolutely no dryer sheets, Palmolive original dishwashing liquid, Dove original bar soap and Ivory bar soap and that’s all. Anything else makes my face and throat feel like a thousand needles are sticking me. All chemicals affect me.

@Marie2020 no aerosols used here! With dire warnings about getting the product on your skin, eyes or ingesting it—seek medical attention. But breathe deep and suck it into your lungs??? How stupid can people be?? Pretty darn stupid.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now, even with a much larger garden, I water everything by hand. Some vegetables have differing water requirements, so a "one size fits all" approach no longer works for me. With 3/4" hose & a high capacity head, the task is not as arduous as you might think, and I don't waste water where it is not needed.

it takes me two hours to water everything here. like you every patch is different enough that i would not want to water them by sprinkler unless i'm right there.

we finally have some days coming of more than just scattered storms predicted. i sure hope we get some actual good rains from them. no matter what i'll be out watering this morning. that is my job for the day. by the time i finish it will likely be too hot for doing much else.

Latest posts