WONTONS W/ OYSTER MUSHROOMS AND CRABMEAT

Ingredients:
1/2 pound Fresh Oyster Mushrooms
Grated Italian Cheese Blend
1 package of Cream Cheese
Canned Crab-Meat
Fresh Green Onions
Egg Roll Wraps (refrigerated)

Cook your mushrooms first (dice them in to small chunks) Cook on medium for 2-3 minutes (or until done) in butter or oil.

Add chopped green onions, and continue on medium for 2-3 minutes.

Add cream cheese, Grated Cheese, and cooked mushrooms/ onions into a bowl and mix well. Do not add crab meat.

Now, cut your wrap in a triangle, and place a generous portion of mixture into triangle. If desired, add crab meat also. You may want to do some with and some without the crab!

Fold them and pinch together folds and place on medium high heat in oil. Place them folded part "up".

A deep fryer would be great for these, if not, then you may need to turn them once. Fry until golden brown.

Remove from pan, and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Enjoy!

I think you could substitute chantrelles for the oyster mushrooms. Couldn't hurt to try. And I have a great recipe for soup made with morels. I will try to find that one for you too.

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Mushroom soup:

2 med. onions peeled and chopped
3 T butter
2 lbs fresh mushrooms
4 T butter
4 T extra virgin olive oil
1 quart chicken stock
1/2 cup dry white wine or sherry
1 piece whole grain bread broken into pieces
1 pinch nutmeg
sea salt and pepper
creme fraiche for garnish

Saute the onions gently in butter until soft. Meanwhile, wash mushrooms and dry well. Cut into quarters. In a heavy, cast-iron skillet, saute the mushrooms in small batches in a mix of butter and olive oil. Remove sauteed mushrooms and drain on a paper towel. Add sauteed mushrooms, wine or sherry, bread and chicken stock to onions, bring to a boil and skim. Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes. Puree soup with a handheld blender. Add nutmeg and season to taste. Ladle into heated soup bowls and serve with creme fraiche.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
BBH, That is very similar to the recipe I use. I don't put any white wine in it, but I should probably try it that way! I think soup is the best just for enjoying the mushroom's unique taste. And it can really stretch out a small batch of mushrooms so everybody can enjoy them! :)

Latest posts