Will these kind of pickling cucumbers

janetnjim

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Picture018Small.jpg

Climb this ? It is a piece of cement re-enforcement wire and it's four foot tall.

Picture015Small-2.jpg

Horry up and let me know before my chickens run off with it to build something again. They're allways stealin supplies from me to make home improvements on thier coops :he :lol:

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
im no expert but I think with a stake or 2 to secure it they should climb with help. Maybe even unrolled as a flat pannel?

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'd use it.

I've had cucumbers grow up everything. We plant them in between rows of corn which works out great! I would unroll it and use it like a fence.

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I rainbow mine(about 12 inches in the middle). let them climb and let you pick!

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah, what's rainbow mean?

You could assist them in getting the idea of climbing by using a bit of that Velcro tape that they make for gardeners, or twine, or whatever. I started off my hothouse cukes that way.

janetnjim

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
bills said:
Yeah, what's rainbow mean?

You could assist them in getting the idea of climbing by using a bit of that Velcro tape that they make for gardeners, or twine, or whatever. I started off my hothouse cukes that way.
Thanx for the tip bills. So far it seams that the tenticle are ignorin that old rusty wire lol
I was comaprin the climbers on the cuc vs. the climbers on a pea plant and i'm thinkin maybe the cuc needs somethin a bit thicker to grab hold of (?)
I'm gonna try makin another cage out o' sticks and twine fer one o' my other cuc plants,. I'm also gona try a suggestion my freind gave me, set a tomatoe cage upside down over the cuc plant.

janetnjim

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Grow 4 Food said:
I rainbow mine(about 12 inches in the middle). let them climb and let you pick!
Do ya set 'em right over the young cuc plant and let it grow up thru the arch ? Or another way ?

janetnjim

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OaklandCityFarmer said:
I'd use it.

I've had cucumbers grow up everything. We plant them in between rows of corn which works out great! I would unroll it and use it like a fence.
I'll give 'at one a try to, thanx Carlos.

Latest posts