Will they survive?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I put out some mini grennhouses made out of milk jugs and juice bottles. Have dirt in them and planted some seeds. From what I read they would sprout on their own after the cold passes. (Wintersown.org) So I put them out about 2 weeks or so ago. Well, we had a couple random warm days (we have mild winters, with occasional snow and icey rain), and now I have sprouts! ARGH! My poppies are sprouting and some random bellflowers and such. Will they survive the winter out there like that, or are they done for?

Should I bring them in? (There are a LOT) They won't get the best light in the house as I have tons of pots going on my window sill already. Though I could stand to lose some of my basil... 5 plants is way too many.

Any suggestions? I would die if I lost my poppy's those were ALL my seeds and took me awhile to aquire those too.

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I doubt your chances are good. If you want to keep them I think I would bring them indoors. Hope it works out for you!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok moving the early springers inside.

Funny thing is not all of them came up, just a few in 3 bottles. The rest have not and should be fine until spring.

Latest posts