Will This Work ?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once managed to lock myself IN my bedroom. My bedroom has a deadbolt on the inside, so I can sleep without the cat coming in to bother me (with the exception of the downstairs back bedroom (which used to be the housekeepers bedroom, and therefore needed it) none of the lock on the inside doors in the house actually work.) or the doors themselves (our inner doors are hung very loosely and if you have a window open and there's any wind outside, they bang open and closed constantly. After a while, the pin in the bar on the bolt (what you actually grip to turn the bolt got loose and fell out) One day I found some superglue and tried to glue the pin back in the socket. That part worked. It wasn't until some time later I realized that some of the glue had leaked into the bolts mechanism, and the bolt (and therefore, the door) was now glued shut! I had to take something heavy (I think it was a bronze statue) and hammer the pin until the glue broke and I could get the door open again. Or why when I finally had the bolt replaced a few weeks ago I insisted on one where the pin and the shaft were one piece of metal (so it couldn't fall out and I wouldn't try and glue it again)

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I learned my lesson the hard way. Our first 3 months here, we were living in the store front. The only toilet was in the main house. DH wanted me to lock one or the other depending on what I was doing.
Well, I ended up locking myself out of both buildings. :barnie :he
I ended up finding a make shift step, and boosting myself up through the only "open" window. Unlocked because it is rotting etc. Ick. Spiders. Etc. :sick The window was also right next to the TV antenna, so I had even less space to maneuver.

Anyways....long story short.....I went to town and made duplicates. I buried one in the side garden by the laundry room door. I'm so smaht :lol:

OH...ps to that.....hubby works 45 miles out of town, and my auto keys were locked inside too. :he And cell phone.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Once, when I still lived in a big city, my best friend was flying in from out of state. It was Friday, and that day I had gone to lunch with my supervisor. Apparently, when I shoved my purse under the car seat my keys fell out. I didn't notice until I left work and walked to my car. She and her husband had left after lunch for a weekend in Mexico!

So I got a remaining co-worker to take me across town to a friend's house that had a set of keys to my house. Those friends took me across town to my house where I kept the spare car keys. My neighbor took me across town to work to pick up my car. Then I just barely made it back across town to pick up my friend at the airport. I was out of breath when I met her at the gate (back when you could). She said I looked tired!