WINE RECIPES / glug-glug.........hic.....!!!

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I would like to find one for rhubarb. It is suppose to be REALLY good stuff!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Hi Steve :frow

That is a great site -- very interesting recipes & different. You can see that they are not just trotting out a formula. ;) :D

Thanks a Million, I really appreciate it. :bouquet

:rose Hattie :rose

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hattie knows this but for others who may have checked that link I posted: the page is on an official village website . . . !

Just to think about what that means, Americanos, do any of you live in a municipality that has wine recipes posted on its website??
:ep

According to the astute editors at Wikipedia: "Past - Harvington is first mentioned in the Anglo Saxon charters of 709CE (709 AD) when it was known as HERVERTON. Present - Harvington is a lively village with a number of amenities including a shop, farm shop and Post Office. There are two pubs - the Golden Cross and the Coach and Horses."

You can find a link to the Harvington Horticultural Society on the parent webpage. We've missed the May 27th event which included "Members competition - Six different weeds from your garden"
:throw

Hattie, they aren't far from you but I suppose that there are like-minded, fun folks in all directions from your home. How is it that a community with a 1,300 year history can be described as "lively" while here, it is a scandal to find our neighbors "potted" behind their petunias on a sabbath morning?!?

:hide Steve

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
every year I make blackberry, plum and rhubarb wine ....however you must remember to let them finish before bottling because
well

I had 12 bottles of blackberry wine go off like shot guns in the middle of the night ..because I did not let them finish and bottled them too soon

it took a lot to ge that over the walls!

this year I am hoping to make some concord grape basement wine (as I mentioned in a previous post) it is a bit of nostalgia for me to want to try to make the wine everyone had in their basements where I grew up

and I have in all the years of making wine never made it with grapes!!!

I made mead one year that was lovely but if you do not have your own bees it is EXPENSIVE to get enough good honey for it!

I can not wait until I read about folks doing some wine making and how it turns out!

Latest posts