Winter Gardening? I'll be honest... never done it before.

hsm5grls

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We have been eating salad from our fall garden for about a week now. We have red onion. green onion, white onion,garlic, spinich, radishes, cabbage, and a salad mix growing right now.

Smitty's Farm

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I've not ever done a winter garden. It gets to cold here, unless you have a green house. Wish we could do winter garden. I've done a fall garden in the past, but didn't plant one this year. Wish I would have. Fresh salad sounds really good.

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Smitty's Farm said:
I've not ever done a winter garden. It gets to cold here, unless you have a green house. Wish we could do winter garden. I've done a fall garden in the past, but didn't plant one this year. Wish I would have. Fresh salad sounds really good.
In Arizona you can grow the best lettuce in winter.

Smitty's Farm

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Chicken_Boy said:
Smitty's Farm said:
In Arizona you can grow the best lettuce in winter.
Lucky you! I love fresh spring mixes and lettuce. Ours would be nipped by jack frost just about by now or very soon. :( Cold weather is on the way. No snow yet, but it's chilly here.

hsm5grls

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I was told by my neighbor that garlic will do real good all winter and not to worry about covering the garden I have because everything in it will do good even in the frost. I am hoping so. He was a horticulture professor at the university so I'm taking his word for it. :fl

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you live in a zone that allows it, a person plants their winter garden beginning actually in July. Where I am, more like August.

Latest posts