Winters in Southern NY/ Will This Work ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winters here can go any where from mild to arctic. Last winter was one of the mildest I remember, very little snow, temps only going down to 20s a few times. Some winters snow is measured in feet with temps in 20s a warm spell. I am looking for a device that will record temperatures inside of shed. Must run on batteries and record up to 2 weeks. Anyone on a recorder like this?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, but if it is to be found on the Internet, I have faith you will find it.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not exactly what you are looking for...and maybe you'll find something like that...but if not: I have a Hammacher Schlemmer weather station and it came with 3 remote sensors and you can switch through the channels on the main unit to see the temp in each location. I keep one sensor in the sunroom to make sure it doesn't get cold enough to freeze my houseplants and seedlings. Maybe if you had something like that, you could just keep a notebook nearby and jot down the temps. There is a 40 foot range on the signal, so perhaps your shed may be too far away from the house...

If there is such a thing that logs the temps, I imagine someone with a greenhouse like JackB would know. Or try a greenhouse supply website. Maybe look at Johnny's website too.

ETA: Shed is at your country house or home? Guess that would make a big difference!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like it. For $14+, not out much if it doesn't.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
When a company says " free shipping " ... actually they have included that cost into the product being tauted. Shipping is probably half of the $14 tag. So, what quality are you really getting ?

Latest posts