wintertime compost tea indoors for plants I am forcing to grow!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I feel like I have been cruel asking my plants to go against nature and forcing them to grown and hopefully produce indoors ..I have been practicing compost tea but it is hard when it is freezing out! anyway I am going to go further against nature and feed my under the light plants some of it ...it does not smell disgusting do you think it will be ok to bring some in the house and put it on the plants I am pushing hard to grow under unnatural conditions? I was going to use it on the lemon grass for sure and then a bunch of the transplants that are growing like crazy

let me know what you think

I am refining techniques before the spring frenzy :)

I think I am going to be a big advocate of compost tea someday soon ..all my rain barrels are not set up yet but rather than collecting water for watering I am doing a set up for compost tea spraying on each corner of the house!!! I saw it on PBS I think it was actually This Old House if I am not mistaken... I have second hand sump pumps ...bubblers and just need to plumb the gifted rain barrels! all free except the plumbing and I think I may have some hiding somewhere around here!

anyway anyone ever take the stuff in the house? if so how much would you feed per gallon of potted plant?

thanks in advance

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

Oooh! HiD :ep

The compost tea I make is so evil-smelling I wouldn't allow it indoors :sick :sick :sick I don't think your DH would appreciate it......!!!!!!
Maybe if you could make something out of seaweed it might be better (or more tolerable at least). :D
Sorry to be so negative! But............... :duc

:rose Hattie :rose

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I think i have the basic idea, but would you (or anyone) mind explaining what exactly compost tea is and what its benefit would be - as opposed to just using our compost????

Thanks.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LOL Hattie!
ok maybe I need to get to work on sealling the rest of the deck off ...and give this whole compost tea in the winter thing I a rest ..it is so pretty out today actually a balmy 32f now that is more like it!!!

Punkin compost tea is just a liquid fert to boost your garden and lawn with a more "natural" thing than chemical sprays ..who knows but it is just one more healthy thing you can do for your garden ..it is pointless for me to save water here but I can make compost tea on with my down spouts and feed my garden beds mid summer with a hand sprayer and gravity ..I wanted to practice now ..(I hate when you find summer projects in the winter!) ... it sprays through a hose and can make your lawn (if you want one) green and your garden bloom beautifully ..it is just a liquid is all and does wonders

now compost tea is not so bad but manure tea would be really disgusting ..ok the fish emulsion could really stink up the house and it does not smell at all like my fish stock :p

lets let this subject rest I will write more in the spring when it is appropriate!

Latest posts