WOO HOO new garden! FINALLY

southern28chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's about 20'x40'

Tilling was finished today. We added to the soil mushroom compost and our chicken poo and pine shavings from last summer.

I took the pictures so you don't see that I actually did any work but I did a lot of it. We're both very sore and tired. I'm thinking about a nice hot salt bath. :D

Photobucket won't let me resize the pictures...again so some of them are cut short.

Garden site:
DSC01242.jpg

Grass burning:
DSC01245.jpg

DH thinking "Oh Lord!!! I have a lot of work ahead of me"
DSC01248.jpg

Tilling:
DSC01267.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

DSC01274.jpg

4 hours later...view from kitchen window:
DSC01284.jpg

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow! You guys worked hard (well, we see that hubby did and I assume you must have been working when you weren't taking pictures. :lol: ) It looks great! So, what are you planting and when? :D

southern28chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Close to half of that will be corn
We'll also grow:
Tomatoes
Potatos
Green Beans
Eggplant
Bell Peppers
Okra
Hot peppers
Squash
Zuccinni (spelling)
and a bunch of other stuff that I can't think of right now. :D

I grow mostly from seeds and last year a late (unexpected) frost killed my seedlings in April so I'm going to be safe and wait until late April.

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Would you be able to plant things to put in your soap? I don't know what, but it was an idea that just popped in my head.

southern28chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Carri said:
Would you be able to plant things to put in your soap? I don't know what, but it was an idea that just popped in my head.
I have baby Lavender plants growing in my kitchen right now. I wanted to do Calendula but I hear the south is to hot for them.

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Southern, congratulations on your new view from the kitchen window! We hope you post pics as your growing season progresses!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
southern28chick said:
Carri said:
I have baby Lavender plants growing in my kitchen right now. I wanted to do Calendula but I hear the south is to hot for them.
They are cool season flowers, although the ones in my yard, once they start blooming, will bloom all summer if I keep them well deadheaded.

Latest posts