Words of wisdom

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Timely reminder. Drive carefully and Thank a Farmer.

8098_drive_carefully.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
All those Iowa cornfields!

I was behind a swather, yesterday.

He turned on the road I prefer to take - it is only about a mile long. I thought, "No problem. I've driven those - they're fast!"

Well, fast compared to a combine and it was a swather built by somebody who gave it steroid injections! The thing literally covered the entire width of the pavement! I was wondering about him getting past some fences and mailboxes. Past the horse farm, past the little road that goes to a well house and the field beyond - he stopped at the 1st year alfalfa field. First cutting - after a frost! 15 miles per hour but it didn't take us 5 minutes.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
True that! I've had people pass me miles back only to end up right in front of me as we both caught the first red light coming into town. :lol: It's not worth getting road rage. Most folks on tractors are aware you're back there and will pull to the side as soon as they can.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Around here it is mostly big rig trucks loaded with ton boxes of grapes this time of year and also ranchers who have cattle. Potter Valley specializes in breeder bulls, and there are those liquid nitrogen inseminator trucks.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, would you please send me that pix or tell me where I can get it? Love to pass on to some people.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed, can't you do a save image as or copy image url with your browser?

Try right clicking on the image and see if you get a drop down menu. It's one of those Memes. Most of them are made to be copied. The folks who make them want them to be, almost always.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Marshall for helping Seedcorn save the photo. Thanks for passing it on Seedcorn.
Journey, I also drive a school bus. Crazy people that run my stop light/arm or pass in dangerous situations. I am terrified that I am going to witness a head on collision someday. What ever happened to patience? Replace with road rage! :( so sad.

Latest posts