Worth my Salt?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two hundred gallons each year - if I let the water run while I'm brushing my teeth!!

Always grabbing those paper napkins that DW buys!

I've been thinking of coming up with a count of coffee beans to a tablespoon.

Now this: Soaring Price Of Bacon

Steve
no, and he isn't even that 17th century writer guy

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That boggles the mind doesnt it, that kind of money.

On those paper napkins or paper towels, we picked up some 100% cotton T-shirts at the thrift store where we volunteer for $0.50 each, cut them into pieces maybe 8 per side, and keep those in a basket on the kitchen counter. Instead of grabbing a paper towel, which we keep under the sink so it requires some effort and bending over, we just grab one of those if it is suitable. They go in the laundry with the kitchen and table linens. Weve probably saved a medium sized dogwood so far by not using the disposable paper.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great idea Ridgerunner. :thumbsup I have a LARGE box of old t-shirts. Time to get the scissors out. ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Strange to admit but in this peasant household, we once used cloth napkins every day for quite awhile.

I felt like quite the financial plutocrat using cloth napkins . . . while warming my feet under the table on Garbanzo the dog . . . :p Of course, putting several napkins each day in the washer - there goes my 200 gallons/year from not leaving the water on while brushing my teeth :/.

I think I will count those coffee beans . . .

Steve
abacus.gif