Would like to trade for Butternut Squash Seed

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yep, I'm that cheap to not go buy any! I may look at Home Depot, but most places close by are sold out of seed for the season.... which means I am left 'fishing' for a trade locally or online.

My lettuce in the front yard went bitter and now I want to replace it with a good fall crop of winter storage squash. And since I LOVE it for many applications (soup, ravioli, breads, ect) and its a good for storing... why not!? :D

What would you like in return? I have several veggie seeds, herbs and flowers available!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
PM me your address. I have about a half pack left over that I won't be planting. they are labeled table King bush acorn but the ones I planted are running all over the place.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I misread the post and sent you Acorn squash instead. Senior moment I guess. If you can't use them one of your friends may be able to.. Sorry

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh yes that would be fabulous! I really do love the butternut... and in the winter I get ALL the holidays at my house (I get stuck with Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve dinner) so butternut is a family favorite and it stores GREAT!

I will PM you!

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hoodat said:
I misread the post and sent you Acorn squash instead. Senior moment I guess. If you can't use them one of your friends may be able to.. Sorry
I almost did the same thing. I have some buttercup squash that I pulled out before realizing it was the wrong thing.

dragonlaurel

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
vfem said:
Oh yes that would be fabulous! I really do love the butternut... and in the winter I get ALL the holidays at my house (I get stuck with Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve dinner) so butternut is a family favorite and it stores GREAT!

I will PM you!
Sent you a message.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
PotterWatch said:
hoodat said:
I almost did the same thing. I have some buttercup squash that I pulled out before realizing it was the wrong thing.
There are just too durn many different squashes I guess. My favorite for a sweet Winter squash is delicata. I got some seeds once for something only identified as "Hawaiian squash" It got about three feet long and looked like a snake gourd but it was so sweet you could eat it raw. I've looked all over for it again but never found it.

Latest posts