Wow, Down but not Out!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I drifted over to BYC and asked if the down time today was the site conversion.

Nifty responded there were "server upgrades" going on but not the actual conversion -- preparation for the change-over.

I didn't want to admit that half of my reason to be online had vanished into cyberspace! But, TEG is back!

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't you miss the ability to converse with each other when the site is down? (Not like it is a common occurrence) This is truly the back fence for me, except I don't have to come in to get out of the bad weather. :p

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whew! Glad it came back on and it wasn't just me!

Thought I might be getting cooped up or something, maybe for that round the world cruise we did hijacking Monty's thread :p

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, there was something I was supposed to wake you up for this morning :/.

Imagine my confusion that I couldn't even locate TEG to find out what it was you needed reminding for. (I'm not the best person for this sort of thing anyway - can never find a sticky pad and never read anything on the refrigerator door!)

So Lucky, I'm trying to stay away from the back fence! Koff! This "air index" has never seemed to be very conservative and I discovered that the station closest to my house at 91 this morning. 50 to 100 is "moderate" so it nearly reached the 1st stage for "unhealthy." Oddly, the real people monitors are describing the forecast for today's air as "unhealthy" despite the fact that the graph doesn't show it quite broke that line. I could sure use a nice clean breeze off the Pacific! Snow forecast for the weekend - that should do it!

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL, me too. I actually felt a tinge of loneliness for a bit. Although I wasn't exactly alone. Maybe I was just lonely for adult conversation. :p

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did not experience that empty feeling of loss........because I wasn't on TEG today!! But I am here now and glad to see ya'll!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh yea, the comet.

Is it going to be on the sun's far side this morning? and i want to see if Mercury moved closer to the sun...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
ISON won't be seen for the next few days. Since it was just see-able, and altho' it is traveling at 248 miles/second (gee!), I am guessing that it is still on our side of the sun on its path around it.

The EarthSky people are reporting that there is some evidence that it is being torn apart. I suppose that if this is happening already, ISON won't be putting on much of a show in December.

EarthSky has put up some new video from NASA. One hustling comet! Actually, another comet can be seen in the same picture. Space seems kind of lively right now.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, it's hard for me to imagine the Idaho/Washington border being in a smog cover. I picture very brisk wind way out there! Instead, we have the brisk wind here. A little too brisk for my taste. Darn near blew the chickens all over the yard today!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"That concept looks like a chicken in a windstorm" ;).

The "Intermountain West," So Lucky.

I used to drive thru the populated part of this valley and cry! Yep. I was nearly desperate to get out of it and up higher! Those days aren't as common now that there are a good deal fewer homes with wood heat. I suppose the new cars are pumping out fewer tons of smoke, also.

Steve

Latest posts