Yardwork As Viewed from Heaven I Love This!!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love this! My yard exactly! We always say if we killed all the WEEDS we would have no green. LOL

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We want all this space.

And, when we have this space, it's wall to wall carpets -- inside and out. And, when we can move about this space easily, we want more space. Inside and out! And, fewer people.

I have a little resistance to "hardscape." But, mud on my shoes isn't appreciated, either.

Steve, clodhopper

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
thanks for a good 'natured' laugh. i went to get some lunch yesterday and when walking into the sub shop i noticed on their front lawn a few dandelions were blooming. the wacky weather has got those out of sync. yesterday was in the low 70's. today it was in the upper 50's and over night we are looking at the upper 20's to low 30's.

oh, i probably should mention my leaves have yet to be raked but i'm hoping my dh would turn them in to mulch for me tomorrow!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: That's it, exactly!!!! It's all nonsense from one end to the other. My son has this little postage stamp front yard that he hates to mow because it's so small and the grass is so rank and nasty if he doesn't keep on top of it...which he doesn't, so it always looks straggly. I've encouraged him to turn the whole thing into a BTE garden~said I'd do all the work, even, to get it established~ and grow food and perennial flowers...but they don't want to appear different than all the other yards in their neighborhood. :rolleyes:

Easy care, attractive, productive, and no more mowing or worrying about how bad it all looks if you don't mow it and trim it often....but don't want to be "different". I think that just about covers the reason why folks keep doing what they do to their suburban lawns...mindless, hated drudgery just to fit in.

Don't know about you folks but I've been "not fitting in" my whole life and would shudder to think my home looked like all the others on the block. :eek:
Everywhere I've lived folks will drive out that way, just to see my place...turn around past my house and drive past it again, going even slower than the first time. Always something growing, always some new project, always work going on...it's never boring and it never looks like every place else. Wherever I have land, something is being done on it all year round, in one way or another~chickens, sheep, cows, gardens, orchard, flowers, butchering, gardening, painting, fencing, wood splitting, etc.

And living in a town never stopped me.... :D

Latest posts