yeilds from plants

slugmar

Leafing Out
Reaction score
has any one seen a link for est yield from plants. The reason I'm asking is because I'm getting certified for the farmers market and they want me to est how much produce i can bring to the market.

I have 73 squash/zuccine and 6 white scallop plants I know last year I had 7 and I had enough squash to feed my family tell, my son said how much more squash do we have to eat and my wife opened up the freezer and showed him it was still full.

Ill continue my search but hopefully some one knows of a link.

-Slug

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This Colorado State University field trial has information on yield for various Summer squashes.

You should know that the Elite they grew had one of the worse performances in my garden. The plants were quite small compared to other varieties and yield was low. It is still a very popular, new zucchini - so must work well for some folks. I have no complaints about the fruits or its ability to resist mildew.

Hope that helps.

Steve

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
73 squash plants?:eek: Is that a typo?

I had 5 Black Beauty zucchini plants last year, and harvested approx 140 squash from them. I sold over 100 to local sushi restaurants. The rest I blanched and froze, or canned, or ate fresh. Friends and neighbors also had some left on their doorstep...With 73 plants you could easily harvest over a thousand squash.

I also had butternut squash, which I averaged 5 squash per plant, and speghetti squash which averaged about the same, although I got some huge ones.

What is a white scallop squash? Does this look like an acorn squash?

This link shows yields of 20-25 tons per acre, with plants spaced at 24", with rows at 36" apart. Gulp...that's a lot of squash!:)

http://hort-devel-nwrec.hort.oregonstate.edu/zuc.html

slugmar

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Sorry I have been too busy to respond hay season,school and work have been keeping me busy. No that no type we planted 73 squash/zuch plants.

36 tomatos plants cherry and big reds

16 huge catalope

16 okra

80 onions

40 green beans

about 12 honeydew

and various other stuff

Latest posts