Yellow Spots on Yellow Squash Plant Leaves

citychickinthecountry

Leafing Out
Reaction score
This started on my yellow squash plants, but now seems to be spreading throughout the garden. Little round yellow spots on the leaves. The leaves don't seem to be dying, so I stopped cutting them...which I had been doing initially. It almost looks like my yellow squash plant leaves have yellow chicken pox. :/

I don't see any pests (aphids, etc.) on the underside of the leaves, no mildew on the ground, and the plants bottoms themselves seem fine (no rot).

Is this some kind of fungus? I can take pictures if necessary. I've definitely got to stop this from spreading. It looks like it's moving to my zucchini plants and starting to move to my muskmelon plants. Yikes! My tomatoes (other than the worm issues I've had) look fine, and my daughter's school project cabbage looks fine. My cucumbers look pitiful, but I think that's due to the stress of my trellis falling over and having to pull them off of the trellis and re-trellis them. Sigh.

Most people talk about a white powder mildew, but from the pictures I've seen on this site, my leaves don't look like that at all.

citychickinthecountry

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I bought some virus and fungal treatment for veggie plants at my local hardware store that is safe for humans and animals. I am going to give this a try and see if it helps. If I don't see any improvement in about 2 or 3 days, I am just going to pull up my yellow squash plants and call it the end of my yellow squash for this year. :(

If I end up pulling my yellow squash plants, I'll be sure to not plant anything else in the same place for at least a month (that's what I read is a safe timeframe), and I'll trim off all of other surrounding plant leaves that look infected.

But here's hoping the spray works. :rolleyes:

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If you have to take them out planting the area with Africam marigolds and then digging them in when they pass their peak of flowering helps clear the soil of bacterial blight. Nothing but time clears out the viral blight, sorry to say.

Latest posts