You know what I like...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
FRESH BRIGHT WHITE PAINT!!!! :p

Sorry I just spent yesterday painting my front porch. I painted the posts which we installed last fall, they were primed, but never had a chance to paint. They cracked, so I had to nail together some bad spots, then caulk in all the openings to keep moisture out... then I painted them a nice bright semi-gloss white. Which made me realize how dingy the rest of my 32ft by 6 1/2 ft porch really was. So I started painting all the trim, then around the windows and then the ceiling.

My arms are killing me, but my porch looks brand new! :thumbsup

Sadly, its white over white, I'm sure none of my neighbors are even going to notice the difference. And, worse, we noticed it needs a second coat and we missed a couple spots. (We, being my husband and I, though he came home to help when I was 80% done.)

I really want to take photos, but I don't think it will make a world of difference. :tongue

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The neighbors may not notice, but YOU know and that's all that really matters anyway. Wanna come do my porch, too? :love

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That sounds great vfem!! I bet it looks great.
Would love to see pictures ;)
I myself am working on my deck trying to fix it up a bit. There are areas that need some new wood nailed to it. I was thinking of painting it too when i'm done but i really like the grain or the wood so i dont want to cover that up with paint.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
That sounds great vfem!! I bet it looks great.
Would love to see pictures ;)
I myself am working on my deck trying to fix it up a bit. There are areas that need some new wood nailed to it. I was thinking of painting it too when i'm done but i really like the grain or the wood so i dont want to cover that up with paint.
I stained our deck last year, get a real lightly tinted sealant and you should see the wood just fine, plus protect it longer. :D

I have done nothing but mess in my garden today. I am not looking forward to that second coating. We'll do it on Saturday I think.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Ah, painting. :love I washed and repaintied my enclosed front porch last november. I used a bright white construction grade--put 4 coats on the ledges, where they get weathered through the screens when it's warm. O M Gosh--it still looks freshly done.

Latest posts