You Know You're a Gardener When....

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Complete the sentence! :D

You know you're a gardener when....you're hands are so rough from mixing soil and planting that you don't NEED to hold a tissue!

(yes, my hands are clean)

IMG_2606.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OMG,

My hands are so stained and cracked that I cannot even touch some fabrics! I have tried to figure out a good moisturizer, I wear gloves all the time; but most products just either absorb and disappear or the next handwashing it is gone. I am almost ready to try leather balm to soften them, either that or plain old petroleum jelly!

nbb4tt.jpg

We could sand the side of a barn with both of our hands! LOL :gig

Ron

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You might give bag balm a try..I know a lot of people who swear by it. You can find it at" wally world.." in the health and beauty aids, its in a white container with black spots like a black and white cow hide.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
. . . when you have a "collection" of hand lotion :rolleyes:.

I usually use Cetaphil - well, actually, I always use Cetaphil once or twice a day.

O'Keeffe's Working Hands is really an industrial strength choice and prevents damage fairly well. DW has ProKera and since she keeps a small tube in her purse, it's available for use a lot of the time.

And, I keep Goop near the faucet off the deck ;).

Yeah, always wear gloves but there are those moments . . . hours . . .

Steve
who learned to dislike bag balm when he was applying it for the purposes intended :/.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
...when you stare out the car window so much, oogling other people's gardens, that your DH thinks you're mad and not speaking to him.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You know you are a gardener when, ...in the winter you still have a nice dark tan and everyone else is all pasty white!

I literally have people ask me all the time how I keep my tan! :coolsun

Ron

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
. . . when you have a "collection" of hand lotion :rolleyes:.

I usually use Cetaphil - well, actually, I always use Cetaphil once or twice a day.

O'Keeffe's Working Hands is really an industrial strength choice and prevents damage fairly well. DW has ProKera and since she keeps a small tube in her purse, it's available for use a lot of the time.

And, I keep Goop near the faucet off the deck ;).

Yeah, always wear gloves but there are those moments . . . hours . . .

Steve
who learned to dislike bag balm when he was applying it for the purposes intended :/.
LOL... I can see where that would influence your opinion of it.!Goop I know about, but havent heard of the others, do you get them at the drug store ?

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
4grandbabies said:
You might give bag balm a try..I know a lot of people who swear by it. You can find it at" wally world.." in the health and beauty aids, its in a white container with black spots like a black and white cow hide.
That sounds like Udder Cream. Bag Balm actually comes in a little green tin can with red lettering. DH has been trying to push that off on me for the past 11 yrs....lol. Perhaps one day I'll listen. My mom always used to slather her feet down with Vaseline at night then wear socks to bed - her feet were baby's butt soft.....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
4grandbabies said:
LOL... I can see where that would influence your opinion of it.!Goop I know about, but havent heard of the others, do you get them at the drug store ?
ProKera is something that DW finds at the fair - you know, beside the guy with the sham-wow! Or, whatever the heck it is.

Working Hands may be at your feed store. We find it there. It is made by a company in southern Oregon so, it may be regional.

Cetaphil is kind of a doctor thing - at least, that's how I know about it.

Steve

Latest posts