Your Eyes Glazing Over, Yet?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
From another thread:
marshallsmyth said:
but i still don't know what sticky means.

digit, you should make a topic about how you do the things on these messages, and impart your knowledge. . .
Some of our teachers probably know the feeling I have right now. Do I have a clear understanding of the subject? Can I explain it clearly enough? And, does it really matter to anyone?

It was a relief to come to TEG forum with it's BBCode format. I had been on a forum with HTML formatting for 6 or 7 years. The thing only now has an easy way to upload pictures and just got "editing!" I think that not being able to put a degree symbol in a post really pushed me over the brink of irritation. I had responsibility for a website about 15 years ago and had to learn a little HTML. By the way, I only think that the correct term is "formatting." That shows you how much of an interest I really have in computers and webpages - close to zero.

Does it help with communication to click that little "BBCode" link below this message box and learn what is in there? Does anyone communicate better because she or he can change the color of a word to blue: Blue text? By the way, the blue comes across stronger if you also "bold" the text, otherwise: Blue text.

We have quite a few TEG people who are very good with words. Of course, we have quite a few TEG people who are really knowledgeable about gardening. Can they share that knowledge better because they opened the "BBCode" link . . ?

sıɥʇ op ı ɟı ʇnoqɐ ʍoɥ

That is just something you can do with the formatting that Rob has used for TEG ;). Here is something -- many, many of the symbols using your "alt key" or just highlighting, copying & pasting in the TEG message box works from here: http://www.theworldofstuff.com/characters That gives you a chance to make use of a degree symbol() - that pesky little thing that used to raise my blood pressure! You have to scroll down that page to get away from all the alphabet symbols. You will also be able to write something like 2 instead of 2 1/2. I find the first a little clearer than the second.

How about more smilies!?? We could go to Rebbetzin's Photobucket page and swipe them! How about instead, we steal them from http://messenger.yahoo.com/features/emoticons ? For most of them, we cannot just use the keyboard for TEG: :| How about if we right click for "view image info," and paste that url inside the "img" code by clicking the button above our TEG message box?
22.gif

The url is http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/22.gif I learned that by right clicking the image and selecting "view image info."

Now. NOW! You have the ability to put "gifs" in your message! See how the smilie blinks? Not all gifs are animated but many of them are. You can find them easily on public photo galleries like Photobucket. A whole new world of animated images will open to you!

Steve
snowglobe_zps45f703e9.gif

Oh and Marshall -- only an admin can post a "sticky" at the top of a forum page. So, you don't need to worry about it. Now, get out there and stitch that netting!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay,

does everyone see the little "BBCode" link below their message box?

Go ahead and pretend that you are going to respond but stop.

It is there above the "Submit" button. Do not click submit - click the "BBCode" link.

digitS'

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bold text

this is a test to see if digit was pulling my leg, supposedly it will be bold.

got bluebirds over the white cliffs of dover playing!

got down to quote and i don't get that one...yet

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can put those brackets ] [ around any text and it will be bold. Or, italic with an "i." Or, underlined with a "u."

When you get to the way to do color text, notice that one is a "=blue" but another is an "=#FF0000." Does that give you any ideas?

What if you wanted something like a "Dutch teal" color? Well, here is the code: #1693A5.

Watch . . . .

Dutch teal

Once again, I made it Dutch teal and then put the brackets with the "b" around it so that it was a "bold, Dutch teal." I don't know why but TEG forum doesn't seem to have very strong colors so, that helps.

Want to have ALL SORTS of colored text?? Here: http://www.colourlovers.com/colors/search

The "HEX" number is what you can use here on TEG. Just get that [color=....] in front & this, behind[/color]

digitS'

in front & this, behind :p

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Digit, I think I need thistle here to translate what you say :p

on the other hand, i now have a TEG page open on another tab that has the BBCode

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Only the "b" inside the 1st brackets.

A "/b" inside the end brackets.

d'

Latest posts