Your opinion of rooting harmone

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Interesting! Years ago, when making wine, Dominic threw 3 aspirin tablets into each open barrel to start the fermentation. I've never done that again. So many uses for aspirin.

NOTE: Aspirin (Salicyic Acid} is made from Willow Bark.

It would follow that one should work for what the other did.

Good for us !

Richard

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just last week a client told me her grandfather Mr Bayer invented aspirin. I forgot what he was looking to do, but it wasn't medical .
As from the History of Aspirin ... Salicytic acid first appears from the 2nd millenium BC in Egytian pharonic pharmaccology papari. Hippocrites referred to salicylic tea around 400 BC. Willow extract from it's bark was used specifically for fever, pain, and inflamation by mid 18th century. Lewis and Clark used it for fever in 1803-1806. In 1853 Gerhardt treated acetylchloride for the first time with salicylate to produce acetylsalicytic acid . Then in 1897 Bayer Co. a drug and die company began research on acetylsalicytic acid as a less- irritating replacement for the standard salicylate medicines . By 1899 Bayer Co. sold their their now brand name of Asparin medicine around the world but soon lost or sold the Trademarked rights.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
NOTE: Aspirin (Salicyic Acid} is made from Willow Bark.

It would follow that one should work for what the other did.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We, here on this thread have used or heard of both aspirin and willow for rooting.

Latest posts