Your tax dollars at work

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't make out the rank the man holding the little girl has on, but with his hair that shade of grey he is either a Colonel or a General. Possibly an E8 or E9.

Not sure how many other vets are here in the forum.

If anyone has ever been on a Veterans Affairs shuttle bus to go to the hospital or clinics, then they would know that...

...THERE IS NO GROUP MORE FOR PEACE THAN VETERANS...

The conversations usually start out with individuals talking about places they were deployed or stationed, then the individual conversations begin to merge until it's one, two, or maybe 3 separate conversation groups depending on how packed the bus is.

There are never ever that I've heard of, any persons all out for going to the next war or sending others to a next war. Older timers, fewer and fewer each time, and now rare, the WWII vets will tell that we HAD to win WWII, and everyone agrees with that.

=====

This mess with Syria is really bad news. There really are some bad guy dictators out there. What they do with the people, well, us Americans really on average do not empathize enough about and with. Ya know, imagine if a police crackdown in Omaha killed 78 people 2 days ago, and yesterday teachers carrying picket signs for better retirement in Cincinnati got gunned down yesterday by police, 45 dead 68 wounded. Every day for 3 years like that! That's the situation in Syria.

I really do not think our country should be the world police force. No military has yet been created that has as its expertise, the extraction and removal of a despot, followed by an excellent recovery and reconstruction. Look at Afghanistan.

DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW THAT AFGHANISTAN'S TOP AGRICULTURALIST LEADER WAS ASSASINATED A COUPLE MONTHS AGO?

Salik Naqibullah came to America 10 years ago to receive further agriculture training that would help the small and mini farms in his country. He trained with the biointensive group not far from where I am, Willits, and then returned to his country to help his people to grow things besides poppies. He showed them how to grow corn and other vegetables so that productivity would allow folks to go beyond just subsistence, but to improve their conditions.

Recently in the past few years, Salik was promoted to what would be equivalent to Deputy chief of the usda. He was made Chief of Agricultural Horticulture and Farms of Afghanistan. He then created programs throughout Afghanistan for local farmers to help each other increase their productivity, and was in process of creating a deal for produce to be purchased and processed.

One of the many things he did was to create a WOMEN's FARMER INITIATIVE. He had well noted that in some areas most or all the small farmers are women. He wanted to ensure conditions were good for the women and that they obtained equal price for their produce.

Then Salik was assasinated by the taliban. That happened a few months ago.

He leaves behind a wife and 5 children. Was it on the front page of the new york times? Surely if the deputy chief of the usda was assasinated it would. Was it on any page of any american newspaper? Not that I know of.

=====

it happens with or without our military there. no military force is designed to extricate a despot, and no civil group has perfected the means to create a good nation.

and who is it to decide? no set criterion of what evil a tyrant can get by with has really been made. oh human rights lists, but one dictator gets by with lots of crap and another does not.

and nobody looks at the tyranny of invisible tyrants such as propaganda.

changing world, much more interconnected with our minds and words...

But, the bigger concern is not taxpayer dollars. It's lives.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I should have included included the caption: 2nd Lt. Matthew Williams of Ballston Spa, left, carries his daughter Mia Williams, 5, following the departure ceremony for the 42nd Combat Aviation Brigade on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2013
Let us pray that Lt. Williams comes safely home to little Mia soon.

JackB

Latest posts