Zones?

LadyV

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Does this site have zone verifications anywhere? I looked and didn't see it but I miss things, also, is there a place on site with the best places to order online from?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No onsite tool that I'm aware of. Here are the USDA maps. They are a bit hard to use especially in mountainous areas :/.

Ordering seed? Just anywhere but Burpee! No, I am kidding ;).

The very best places to order seed are Stokes, Johnny's, Harris and Fedco . . . unless you want little, inexpensive packets and then it is Pinetree. And, for oriental veggies: Kitazawa.

See, that's where I order most of my seed :rolleyes:. You did want personal opinions, right?

digitS' :)

LadyV

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
digitS' said:
No onsite tool that I'm aware of. Here are the USDA maps. They are a bit hard to use especially in mountainous areas :/.

Ordering seed? Just anywhere but Burpee! No, I am kidding ;).

The very best places to order seed are Stokes, Johnny's, Harris and Fedco . . . unless you want little, inexpensive packets and then it is Pinetree. And, for oriental veggies: Kitazawa.

See, that's where I order most of my seed :rolleyes:. You did want personal opinions, right?

digitS' :)
Thank ....I am heading over to look at those site right now

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Once you find your zone we suggest you stick it in your signature and/or your "location".

:)

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
any recommendations for Gourmet Seeds? they are down in NM area and they look like they have tons of seeds for decent prices.

i've been looking for chick peas to grow this year and they seem to be one of the only places i've found them sold, along with some other seeds i've been looking to get.

Latest posts