zuccini

vegie chicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i grow this crop well in my area and get left over ones that i dont have room for

i cut it up an give it to my chooks as a part of their diet and all of what is left is green rings the next day

they love it :weee :ya :frow

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's been my experience too, Vegie Chicken.

They also like pumpkins and cucumbers but especially zucchini. Wait a minute! Aren't they "courgettes" in Australia just as they are in the UK :/??

Anyway, pumpkins and zucchini are closely related. Chickens will eat them green but I like to allow them to mature, steam chunks of pumpkins and freeze them in plastic bags for winter snacks.

I bet full grown courgettes, steamed and frozen, would be just as well received.

Steve
:thumbsup

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vegie chicken said:
i grow this crop well in my area and get left over ones that i dont have room for

i cut it up an give it to my chooks as a part of their diet and all of what is left is green rings the next day

they love it :weee :ya :frow
If you have lots of zucchini, you may want to try zucchini candy. I made some this year and loved it.

Here's the link to the recipe on my blog.

http://mountaingardengleanings.blogspot.com/2010/10/zucchini-candy.html

vegie chicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
digitS' said:
That's been my experience too, Vegie Chicken.

They also like pumpkins and cucumbers but especially zucchini. Wait a minute! Aren't they "courgettes" in Australia just as they are in the UK :/??

Anyway, pumpkins and zucchini are closely related. Chickens will eat them green but I like to allow them to mature, steam chunks of pumpkins and freeze them in plastic bags for winter snacks.

I bet full grown courgettes, steamed and frozen, would be just as well received.

Steve
:thumbsup
i dont know if they have different names from place to place
not that they or i care all that much

i ll give the recipie to my mother and see what she can do about it

Latest posts