AnnaWight3418-2web600.jpg

May 1, 2011:
AnnaWight3748-2web600.jpg

June 1, 2011:
AnnaWight4090web800.jpg

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a question.... how did you make those watering pipe things?? Those look like they might be a good thing to have around! Do you think they would be able to be removable? Maybe somehow so we can lay them on the ground when we're not using them?

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sorry about the issue w/ the image -- it was showing last night when I posted. Must have been too wide for the forum, so I reduced the image width for the post. Should be fixed now!

About those water pipes... you'll find all the details here:
http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com/sassy_sweet_notes/2011/04/our-redneck-tomato-bed.html

In that post it says that we didn't glue any pieces together, but eventually we had to glue the reducer to the 1.5" pipe, and the elbow to the reducer. They kept blowing out. As for storage, they'll be easy to remove as they are just wired in place, and since we didn't glue the 3" pipe to the elbow, we can take the two sections apart and store them one inside the other.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Interesting!!!! I'm going to have to see about doing something like this... I know the plants don't like to have wet leaves and all we have is a garden hose!! LOL

Thank you for sharing! It doesn't look like a very expensive add on either.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW you have a green thumb. :tools Everything looks healthy in spite of the poor weather in TX. :watering We are so far behind you here in IA. :( Have fun in the garden. :D

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well... my garden is NOTHING like yours MissDaisy... but... here's what I got.. LOL

20 May
back.jpg

02June
IvyHill6-2.jpg

Not a huge amount of difference... but considering that it's not quite 2 weeks since we put it in... it's not terrible... LOL

Monks pumpkins
pumpkin6-2.jpg

My beans... I think I may need to thin them out, no? LOL
beans6-2.jpg

Eventually we want to put something down between the beds... but right now we don't have anything... LOL

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure how terribly crowded those beans are, qt. 4' wide bed, right?

4989_bubbles.gif

Okay, imagine bare dirt . . .

Now, this was one end of a potato bed yesterday with all the volunteer orache growing in there:

DSC00083.JPG

Sorry, I've got lots of bare dirt if'n you'd like to look at that . . .

:hide Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Miss Daisy, that looks just like paradise!! How pleased you must be!
Nachoqtpie, those gardens look great! You had me thinking nothing was growing!! I wouldn't do a thing with those beans (they are bush beans, right?)
The pumpkin looks fabulous! No reason to be blue!! You just needed some "patience" seeds!!
Steve, I've got volunteer potatoes growing in my garlic bed!! So much, for my careful planning!

Latest posts