A Zucchini !!!!!

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've been growing those little bitty yellow squashes and have been getting a decent amount. One plant never would give any squashes up. Well I went to pick squashes today and I looked at that plant and there is this big ole (8 inches) zucchini plus a little one. I says to myself-"self, how did that happen"? So, I get to investigating the plant and sure enough it is different from the others. I feel kinda goofy/stupid/silly about the whole thing. I bought all those plants from the nursery. I do have zucchini vines growing up the fence right next to those asparagus beans. I started those zucchini as seeds. Weird, huh?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Isn't it funny when that happens? My daughter got me a flat of birdhouse gourds for my bday, last year. I was planting them and one looked very different- low and behold it was a sweet pepper!! I guess there are so many plants at the nursery, mistakes happen! Enjoy your zucchini- it is like I always say, the great thing about gardening is even the mistakes are beautiful and sometimes they taste good!! Enjoy!

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
What someone has trouble growing zucchini? Hard to believe. Here we beg people to take the extras off our hands. I still have shredded in the freezer from 2yrs ago and more growing-ugh!
maybe it's your zone...z5 here, and grows like a weed, an annul weed I keep planting-hehehe

Reaction score
Does yellow straight/crookneck and zucc need fencing to vine upward or just grow on the ground? I have a big garden and am new at this!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You don't need to trellis squash- you can if you wish. It will tumble along on the ground without assistance...Enjoy!

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Folks, let me tell yall a little story about a guy in his first year gardening. He's 41, white, recently divorced, no job and not planning on getting one for a while. Dont worry, he aint on the welfare rolls either. He just has it like that. Anyway, he's kind of stupid. He apparently dont know the difference between a Zucchini and a CUCUMBER. Yep, thats what the "zucchini" turned out to be. Dont he feel stupid. :fl :fl :fl :fl

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:gig :gig :gig :gig :lol: :lol: :lol:
Texan said:
Folks, let me tell yall a little story about a guy in his first year gardening. He's 41, white, recently divorced, no job and not planning on getting one for a while. Dont worry, he aint on the welfare rolls either. He just has it like that. Anyway, he's kind of stupid. He apparently dont know the difference between a Zucchini and a CUCUMBER. Yep, thats what the "zucchini" turned out to be. Dont he feel stupid. :fl :fl :fl :fl

Latest posts