Any pumpkin contests this year?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bet your granddaughter is going to love decorating your one pumpkin for Halloween. We need photos

Trying to upload pics now but in my antiquated way, that's taking some time...it always does.

This pumpkin isn't exactly one of those kinds of pumpkins...it's a type that is sort of squashy looking, flat compared to jack o' lantern type pumpkins. And, of course, we don't participate in Halloween, so we don't carve pumpkins for the such like here. ;)

This pumpkin, and the others of its kin, will be turned into food...for us and for the chickens and dogs.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally got a few pics of it downloaded. In this pic it doesn't look like it should weigh that much, but this is a very dense and meaty kind of pumpkin with less hollow spaces in it than a typical jack o'lantern style pumpkin. It's a pie variety, so I'm hoping it makes good pies. Got a few photo bombs going on with Mr. Nosey aka Flash, who has to put his little nose into everything I do around here. :rolleyes:

100_4898.jpg
100_4899.jpg

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I love this variety for many reasons...usually very, very easy to grow and very productive, so pretty....some are really red in color, and is so meaty inside that one isn't growing just a hollow shell of a pumpkin. They also store better than most types of pumpkin, so I find them very worthy of growing.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a pic of some of this type I grew at my previous place of residence...see how deep red orange they can get? I LOVE that color in a pumpkin!

5_sale_pics_of_sheep_013.jpg

Back when growin' was easy....nowadays? Not so much.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well then, we may get the prize for only growing ONE pumpkin. It was a volunteer vine from the burn pile! LOL and only got to about the size of a large softball. Smaller than a soccer ball.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, I definitely think you should get that prize! :D

I grew one watermelon last year in my flower pot....:gigand it was the only one that grew that year, so it was cherished. You never know, it could catch on...single serving watermelons, cantaloupe or pumpkins.

100_3672.jpg

Latest posts