Barn Poles

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Where there's a will there's a way, huh. ;) Glad you got them home safely. I read the title totally backward at first--Pole Barn. Those poles are really useful and valuable. Wish I could get my hands on some. People get them for free and sell them for a couple hundred dollars around here.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
So you have a history of such. decisions.

Cat, half of me is precise, on point, studies something to death before making a move. The other half of me is more like spontaneous combustion and jumps in the deep end, figuring I'll learn to swim somewhere along the way. Just when my DH thinks he has me figured out, the wind blows from another direction and I change course. LOL

Yesterday as we wobbled our way home I remarked, "Aren't you glad I get you in all this crazy crap?" He burst out laughing and said he was happy, life with me is never boring.

@Ridgerunner the leftovers were rib eye steaks. I purposely prepared for two days, knowing I wouldn't be interested in cooking when we got home. I like leftovers!

This morning our neighbor, Robert, came over. We chained the poles to his truck and dragged them off the trailer. They sure came off a lot easier than they went on!

The barn site is covered in briars, has 4 dead trees to cut down and lots of brush. Another massive clean up before work can start. In this heat, not happening. This will be a fall project.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steak makes great leftovers. :) It is not unusual for us to have a roast on Sunday se we do have leftovers.
Bay you have some REALLY great neighbors here and there. Lucky you. (Just ask Red )
With your new 8 acres it seems you will be keeping busy with projects for a LONG time.
I love your sweet DH's response...life is never boring! I BET !!!!! ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm with you on that one Red!
I'm so thankful for a husband that is happy with just about anything. When the summer is hot and busy we usually just have sandwiches or some kind of salad.

Bay, I sure wish you could post pictures of your projects!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunday, the 26th, we went back for more. Six 22' oil drill stem pipes, 3 pieces about 6' long , and 3 pieces of 4 1/2" O.D. 1/4" wall pipe. One is 12', one is 14' and one is almost 16' long. Barn poles!

We have a 12'x24' portable building that we are going to build 20' lean to's off each side. In the front, close to pipeline, we're going to build a 18'x24' three sided shed. The pipes will be used for poles. A neighbor said he'd bring his cutting torch over to cut the drill stem in half and burn holes in them for bolt holes. I'm so happy to finally get the pipe home!

The pipe was loaded by the neighbor with the backhoe. We hired two other neighbors to help us load more stuff:
22 sheets 4'x8'x3/4" plywood
20 pieces of 2"x6"x24' lumber
2 solid core doors
1 hollow core doors
1 18' telephone pole
Odd 2"x4"s
various other items

We were loaded, but not over loaded like last week. I took car out of carport and DH backed trailer up to carport and we dropped it there. We were beat.

Yesterday we were on the run all day, so I unloaded trailer this morning. I came in to drink some iced tea, cool off and rest a few minutes. Whew!

Next Sunday we go back for more! At least we won't need a backhoe!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
whoot.jpg

Barn is on the way!!
So excited for you

Latest posts