Barn Poles

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our neighbor, Robert, came over and we hung a 10' gate. It's 100* out there. Now I'm really whupped. AC and recliner for rest of afternoon.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunday, the 26th, we went back for more. Six 22' oil drill stem pipes, 3 pieces about 6' long , and 3 pieces of 4 1/2" O.D. 1/4" wall pipe. One is 12', one is 14' and one is almost 16' long. Barn poles!

We have a 12'x24' portable building that we are going to build 20' lean to's off each side. In the front, close to pipeline, we're going to build a 18'x24' three sided shed. The pipes will be used for poles. A neighbor said he'd bring his cutting torch over to cut the drill stem in half and burn holes in them for bolt holes. I'm so happy to finally get the pipe home!

The pipe was loaded by the neighbor with the backhoe. We hired two other neighbors to help us load more stuff:
22 sheets 4'x8'x3/4" plywood
20 pieces of 2"x6"x24' lumber
2 solid core doors
1 hollow core doors
1 18' telephone pole
Odd 2"x4"s
various other items

We were loaded, but not over loaded like last week. I took car out of carport and DH backed trailer up to carport and we dropped it there. We were beat.

Yesterday we were on the run all day, so I unloaded trailer this morning. I came in to drink some iced tea, cool off and rest a few minutes. Whew!

Next Sunday we go back for more! At least we won't need a backhoe!
Bay, that 4 1/2" , 1/4" thick wall x 22' oil drill stem pipe makes for fantastic very strong corral 6' high fencing for all livestock. :ya Also great sturdy and good loking fencing for pastures as a top rail ( or more). If I were you, I would get as much as you can ! :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
These pieces are all I have and I traded for them. I wish I had more! The neat and tidy pipe fences around here make me drool. Unfortunately @bobm I don't have enough for fence, so will use them for forever barn poles. Besides, already fenced across the front......

Latest posts