Baymule’s Farm

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
She wasn’t even one hour old and was trying to bounce around and play. I’ve been outside while coffee was making just for a quick check, on my second cup now, and then I’ll go do chores.

She wasn’t even one hour old and was trying to bounce around and play"
Simply amazing if you stop and think about it just a little bit.

What a beautiful new born white lamb. My granddaughter would be instantly in love with her.

Again congrats and thanks again for sharing this blessing 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Next up;
Rip due 12-14
Cleopatra due 12-16
Both are White Dorpers
Frimplepants due 12-17
Little Girl due 12-27
Brownie due 1-3-24
Ewenique due 2-21-24

Then 15 ewes due in March and April 2024

In end of March I’ll divide 7 young ewes between the two young rams.

Lots of lambs!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to son’s house and loaded trailer with lumber out of one of his shipping containers. I couldn’t back trailer right up the door, just kinda crooked. I put a 2x6 to walk on from container to trailer. Eh, it worked. Some were heavy like the 2”x8”x16’ or the
2”x12”x16’ in the picture. I dragged them to the door, got down on the ground and used the trailer rail, then flipped them on the trailer. It took me a couple of hours.

I backed right up to the door of the container at home, had more back up, pull forward, back up, pull forward room. LOL I got it all unloaded and stacked.

IMG_5466.jpeg

This morning I set a bale of hay for the sheep.
I always have to take down the half hog panel that is the back, and the whole hog panel that is part of the working chute. Then I always pitchfork out all the bottom hay that is spoiled from sitting on the ground.

Every time I turned around, there was Cooper, wanting me to rub his face. He loves the side of his face stroked and closes his eyes in contentment. Spoiled rotten ram! Then he decided the pitchfork handle made a good scratching post and rubbed his head on it. Cooper, I really don’t need your help…… Look at those ewes waiting on their hay bale!

IMG_5467.jpeg

IMG_5468.jpeg

I got the dead hay cleaned up, thanks to all the help I received.

When I bring in a hay bale, I close a holding area with a hog panel. That allows me to open the gate, and sheep and dogs can’t run out. Then I drive tractor into holding area, shut gate, open hog panel and go set the hay bale.

Cooper followed me and I tried to push him out of the holding area. Cooper wasn’t interested in leaving. He by far outweighs me, so he won the push party. I stroked his face, he closed his eyes. I stopped, backed up, he opened his eye like “Where did you go?” He followed me, I stroked his face, stopped, and that’s how I got the rotten beast out of the holding area so I could close it off and go get the tractor.

Ya gotta love a ram that is such a pest and is not aggressive.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s been a busy couple of days here! I decided to hire a fencing crew to fence in the front field. In TWO DAYS they did what would have taken me two months to do. These guys swarmed the fence like poking a fire ant hill with a stick. Professionals of their trade, it was educational to me, just watching.

Remember that big oak with the rotten streak, right on the fence line? It was in worse shape than I thought, it was hollow and so rotten that it broke off before he finished sawing it down.

IMG_5489.jpeg

Carson was delighted to have new friends and galloped up to meet them. These men only saw a giant black dog rushing at them, jumped back in the trucks and slammed the doors! :lol: :lol::lol: It didn’t take long for Carson to win them over.

The Anatolians were another story. They stood on their side of the fence, across the driveway, hating on the fence crew. If they weren’t barking at the men, they were glaring at the intruders, looking very mean. I warned the crew, not to approach their fence or even directly look at them.

Pictures!

Driveway corner

IMG_5484.jpeg

Front fence

IMG_5485.jpeg

Homemade T-post driver, so heavy I could barely pick it up.

IMG_5486.jpeg

Front fence from the road

IMG_5487.jpeg

16 foot gate on back of 4 wheeler. Anatolians hate 4 wheelers and they chased it down the fence line, barking ferociously.

IMG_5488.jpeg

They worked after dark the first day and last night. They had headlights so they could see what they were doing and parked their trucks with lights on.

I’ll get more pictures today. I’m so excited to have this done!

Last edited:

Latest posts