Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What are you going to use them for?

Mary
Right now they are dropped out in the back field. I have to tear down the sheds and a double row of fence that was used as a cattle chute for roping’s. Then I’ll call an 18 wheeler wrecker to come set them where I want them. My son bought me 40’ metal trusses to go between them. That will require buying flat bar to be welded to the containers, truss legs welded to the flat bar and then I can put runners on the trusses, running long ways to screw plywood decking to, roll out underlayment paper, roll out heat barrier, lath strips and R panel metal roofing. $$$$$$$$
Hay and equipment barn.

Eventually I’ll put 20’ lean to’s off each side. I’ll have cover to park my truck, mule and car.

The containers will be for storage for all my tools. Can never have enough tools. And I got a bunch!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Monday I took down the red panels that go across the old driveway. I have cow panels tied to them to keep dogs and sheep in when they graze the yard and to keep coyotes out. Notice the red gate, couldn’t use it because of clearance under the guide wire.

IMG_5406.jpeg

Boxes are dropped! The shed showing on the left will have to be torn down, plus more that is not in the picture.

IMG_5411.jpeg

IMG_5412.jpeg

End of shed and the double fence chute. Chute is full of wild blackberry canes, briars, dewberry vines and anything with thorns. I have to clear it out so I can pull staples (which are all on the inside) take down wire and pull up posts.

IMG_5413.jpeg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right now they are dropped out in the back field. I have to tear down the sheds and a double row of fence that was used as a cattle chute for roping’s. Then I’ll call an 18 wheeler wrecker to come set them where I want them. My son bought me 40’ metal trusses to go between them. That will require buying flat bar to be welded to the containers, truss legs welded to the flat bar and then I can put runners on the trusses, running long ways to screw plywood decking to, roll out underlayment paper, roll out heat barrier, lath strips and R panel metal roofing. $$$$$$$$
Hay and equipment barn.

Eventually I’ll put 20’ lean to’s off each side. I’ll have cover to park my truck, mule and car.

The containers will be for storage for all my tools. Can never have enough tools. And I got a bunch!
I love your plan. It is going to be awesome and very useful when done.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
All done! I can’t believe the difference, how awful it was at 8:30 this morning and how beautiful it is to me now!

IMG_5435.jpeg

This tree is leaning over the road, it will have to come down. Bulldozer man is not supposed to get in the road, but even if he did, road is lower and he couldn’t raise the blade up high enough to really push on it. It could fall on him. So, I’ll call a tree guy with a bucket truck. Much safer.

IMG_5431.jpeg

It has a rotten streak, I don’t know how deep it goes. But if tree fell later on, it would wipe out my fence and fence across the road.

IMG_5433.jpeg

Keeping this tree. It’s far enough from the fence line to not be a problem later.

IMG_5432.jpeg

Then across the field for a short span of fence.
Before

IMG_5436.jpeg

I wanted to keep the tree on the corner and a big oak tree.

IMG_5438.jpeg

IMG_5439.jpeg

This tree marks the dividing line between me and neighbors. It has a survey spike driven in the back of it. It will have a “V” around it to give it room to grow.

IMG_5437.jpeg

Done in less than a day, what would take me a year. I’m just thrilled!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Monday I took down the red panels that go across the old driveway. I have cow panels tied to them to keep dogs and sheep in when they graze the yard and to keep coyotes out. Notice the red gate, couldn’t use it because of clearance under the guide wire.

View attachment 62464

Boxes are dropped! The shed showing on the left will have to be torn down, plus more that is not in the picture.

View attachment 62465

View attachment 62466

End of shed and the double fence chute. Chute is full of wild blackberry canes, briars, dewberry vines and anything with thorns. I have to clear it out so I can pull staples (which are all on the inside) take down wire and pull up posts.

View attachment 62467

it's too bad you can't go all Dorothy on them all and drop a container on them and be done with it (ruby slippers optional)...

Latest posts