Baymule’s Farm

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I’m going to Corpus Christi this weekend. It’s my middle granddaughter’s birthday. She was BJs favorite, he doted on her. She is quiet, artistic, the youngest is loud, hits the room like a sawed off shotgun blast. GD#2 was devastated when BJ died and she still has a hard time. A few weeks ago, she tearfully asked her mom, “What if Papaw forgets my birthday?”

I saved some of BJ’s shirts, intending to make quilts for the girls. Time to get busy, but not enough time to make a quilt. So I made a stuffed animal, just happens to be a lamb.

The pattern has 3 sizes, but if I cut out the small size, it destroys the other 2 sizes, so I traced it on butcher paper. I cut it out, using various shirts.

View attachment 63765

I got both sides sewed together

View attachment 63766

I finished it today. I found the heart at Hobby Lobby, thank you Valentines Day display. The body piece has pockets, one on each side. The green plaid was from a shirt DD picked out for him when she was in High School. He loved it. The blue piece on the neck belonged to my sister’s husband, she gave some shirts to BJ when her husband died. The lavender lining of the ears also was one of Uncle Bob’s shirt. So she gets a present from Uncle Bob and her Papaw. She is so worried that Papaw will forget her birthday, but he’s coming to the party.

View attachment 63767
:love :clap
That's outstandingly clever. What a beautiful gift

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m going to Corpus Christi this weekend. It’s my middle granddaughter’s birthday. She was BJs favorite, he doted on her. She is quiet, artistic, the youngest is loud, hits the room like a sawed off shotgun blast. GD#2 was devastated when BJ died and she still has a hard time. A few weeks ago, she tearfully asked her mom, “What if Papaw forgets my birthday?”

I saved some of BJ’s shirts, intending to make quilts for the girls. Time to get busy, but not enough time to make a quilt. So I made a stuffed animal, just happens to be a lamb.

The pattern has 3 sizes, but if I cut out the small size, it destroys the other 2 sizes, so I traced it on butcher paper. I cut it out, using various shirts.

View attachment 63765

View attachment 63766

I finished it today. I found the heart at Hobby Lobby, thank you Valentines Day display. The body piece has pockets, one on each side. The green plaid was from a shirt DD picked out for him when she was in High School. He loved it. The blue piece on the neck belonged to my sister’s husband, she gave some shirts to BJ when her husband died. The lavender lining of the ears also was one of Uncle Bob’s shirt. So she gets a present from Uncle Bob and her Papaw. She is so worried that Papaw will forget her birthday, but he’s coming to the party.

View attachment 63767
I love the lamb. It turned out beautifully. I have made many memory bears from well love clothing, quilts etc. Also pillows. Sis made me a pillow with one of my older brother's shirts after he passed. The pearls snap closure and pocket on the front and placed his photo in the pocket. Do you have a photo of BJ or one with her and BJ to put in a pocket? :hugs

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

View attachment 63765

View attachment 63766

View attachment 63767
This is such a meaningful and lovely gift! I will say it's a treasure.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I gave DGD#2 her Papaw lamb Friday night. I explained that I made it from her Papaws shirts and she hugged it tightly.

IMG_5932.jpeg

Big smiles.

IMG_0085.jpeg

Then she burst into tears. I hugged her and told her that Papaw loves her and will always be with her.

IMG_0089.jpeg

Back to smiling. She carried it with her and hugged it all weekend.

IMG_0090.jpeg

I’m very popular with Taco, the mini dachshund. He loves me.

IMG_5940.jpeg

I had fun playing with the girls.

IMG_5946.jpeg

Sunday morning was a pre-party and she got a birthday doughnut.

IMG_5948.jpeg

DGD#1 has a job now, working at a Goodwill store. She was behaving like a snotty teenager several months ago, so the parents took away her Mini Cooper and made her drive a 2002 Chevy beater truck. She thinks they gave her car away, but it’s parked at a friend’s house. She doesn’t like the beater truck, but has learned to be grateful for it. Hahaha. Life can get rough! She has been accepted into Baylor in Waco. She will start college at age 17 next fall.

IMG_5951.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was so excited to come see them, that I walked out and left my bag of clothes. I realized that an hour and half into my trip. First I went to a dear friend’s house that was not much out of the way. I told her what a dummy stunt I pulled and she laughed. Then she said she had a bunch of clothes she was getting rid of, so I got 2 shirts and pajamas. Later I stopped at Walmart for new socks and underwear. Had a great visit with her and her husband.

Got a text from neighbor Peggy. Got FOUR INCHES OF RAIN by 4:30 Saturday and still raining. Supposed to clear out by noon on Sunday. Just great. Prediction was for 1-2 inches of rain Gheesh! I told her I brought my boots and a flashlight in case I had to leave my car at their house, then I could walk home. She said the road was bad even before their house, they would meet me at the church and take me home, then take me to my car Monday morning because I had jury duty.

She sent me a picture of the road in front of my place.

Attachment.jpeg

Soooo…… I decided to skip the party on Sunday and leave so I could get home before dark. The party wouldn’t be over until 4:00 and it was a 6 hour drive. My sister called Sunday morning to warn me about storms hitting Houston up to Huntsville and Livingston plus tornadoes. So I chose a different route home, swinging wide, going out of the way to avoid the storms. I went through Huntsville and the San Jancinto River was flooding, out of its banks. This is the river that floods my sister’s house so I called to warn her. She was not happy, she just got new Sheetrock put up on Friday.

Neighbor Chase called on Saturday. He was feeding for me. Of all times for it to drop Noah’s Flood again, it’s when I’m gone. Something told him to walk the field, he found a dead lamb. Sentry wouldn’t let him have it, I could hear Sentry growling at him. Lamb had to be premature, ewes have only been with Cooper 101 days. Chase talked to Sentry, It’s ok buddy, I’m not going to take it.

I told him to close the dogs out of the pasture. Sentry was guarding the lamb.

The Sheep pens are slop again, so I had Chase put the cow panel across the driveway and let the Anatolians in the yard, so they could go in the shed and get out of the rain.

Chase said he’d get the lamb and dispose of it. It was a white ram.

The county hasn’t even gotten to our road yet, they’re still working on worse roads than mine. Water still over the road in 2 places, they couldn’t grade it anyway. Now it’s flooded again. It’s impassable for my little car.

My road is so bad, Bennett and Peggy met me at church. I left my car and they brought me home. There is a bad washout that I think my car would have bottomed out on, not counting the deep wallowed out holes that are hiding under a couple of feet of muddy water.

I’ve got my son’s F350 King Ranch dually, it’s 4WD and I drove it out to the paved road and went to jury duty. We were all dismissed, the guy took a plea deal.

Yesterday evening I took Peggy and Bennett some oatmeal cookies. I said I didn’t like leaving my car at the church, on the road. Bennett offered to take his tractor and go try to smooth out the worst rough spot so I could at least get my car to their place. So that’s what we did. Peggy took me to my car and Bennett dug dirt out of the ditch, dumped it in the deep ruts that water cut crossways in the road and smoothed it out enough for me to get across.

So now my car is in their yard. If I need to go somewhere, I can take the Kawasaki mule to their house, get in the car and go.

I’ll bring my car home when water drains off and I can see the big buffalo wallows.

Latest posts